Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unknown Publisher" when installing adobe flash player

May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to download Flash Player from the below link 

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

But we get the failure as "Unknown Publisher" when installing. Please fix it and then give us a new version. Thanks heaps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What OS and browser are you observing the above error on?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS is win7, browser is ie8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasonwang ,

What is the name of the installer file that is returning 'publisher unknown'?  I just downloaded flashplayer25ax_ra_install.exe and the file contains the digital certificate (right-click > Properties > Digital Signatures).  Due to the third party optional offers and various supported languages we actually have numerous inline installer files.  Providing the exact file name enables us to quickly identify the potentially problematic installer.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name is flashplayer25ax_ra_install.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are unable to reproduce the issue. Could please share a screenshot of the issue.

Also share the link from where you are downloading Flash Player.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to think of reasons why signature validation might fail on an individual machine.  If you don't have the latest updates for Windows 7 installed from Windows Update, I would make sure that the system is patched.  You may be missing updates to Certificate Authority root or intermediate certificates that are necessary for validating the trust chain on our developer signature.  It's also possible that if your system clock is set to a wrong date and time, the certificate may fail to validate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP22 can be installed in my PC but FP25 can't be installed due to 'publisher unknown'. Can you please compare the difference between the 2 versions and fix the problem on FP25 to upgrade it.

Unknown Publisher.jpg

25.0.0.171.jpg

Please review above screenshots. The downloading link is below:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed flashplayer22_0r0_209_win.exe successfully.

But 25.0.0.171 and 26.0.0.131 will give attached error "Unknown Publisher". Can you please compare the version

flashplayer22_0r0_209_win.exe with 25.0.0.171 and 26.0.0.131 to find out why FP25 and FP26 not work but FP22 is ok ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To keep your issue in one location, I locked your duplicate post at Why FP25 and FP26 don't work but FP22 is ok ?

Please provide the following information:

• Windows 7 edition is this (Starter, Home Basic/Premium, Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate)
  • What Service Pack, if any is installed on the Win7 system?
  • Is this 32-bit or 64-bit?
  • What is the IE 8 version?

I am not able to reproduce on the latest Win7 and IE and would like to test on the same exact configuration you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)Windows 7 Professional

2)see below picture

system.jpg

3)32-bit operating system

4)see below picture

IE8 version.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce using Windows 7 Professional 32-bit and IE 8.0.7600.16385.  The Publisher displays as Adobe Systems, Incorporated:

Capture.JPG

Have you modified the Tools > Internet Options > Security settings in any way?

Can you try downloading the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need to modify the Tools > Internet Options > Security settings and I can install FP22 successfully.

Please review below photo for the first step to install FP26:

1.jpg

I think the problem is my PC can't verify the publisher.

You still don't tell us why FP22 is ok but FP25 and FP26 have this error. For the status, we can know the problem come from the new version FP25 and FP26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The digital certificate was updated in FP 26 to be more secure.  It was not updated in FP 25.  You have Windows 7 which should support it, however, you do not have Service Pack 1 installed, so you're system may be missing something required to validate the new, more secure digital certificates.  IE8 most likely doesn't support the new digital certificate either.  Essentially, you're running old unsupported OS and browser.  Updating to the latest versions of the OS (installing Service Pack 1) and updating IE to IE11 may resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines