Re: Cannot install Flash Player

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat, 

The above link for the Adobe Flash Player install seems to STOP at 95% complete on my Mac.  Do you have any suggested fixes for this issue?  I'm using OS X (v. 10.11.4). Please Help...I'm beyond perplexed and frustrated.  Additionally, I am unable to Force Quit any of the Adobe Flash Player Installer downloads.  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were commenting on a discussion topic that is over 6 yrs old and Pat, unfortunately, hasn't been active on these forums in a very, very long time.  As such, I moved your comment to a new discussion thread.

To troubleshoot the installation issue, we'll need to review the installation log files:  FlashPlayerInstallManager.log and the relevant portion of the Flash Player installation logs excerpted from the system's install.log file.

Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and configure your system to obtain the FlashPlayerInstallManager.log and install.log file for the same installation attempt (File #1 and File #2 in the FAQ, ignore the other 2 files).  Attempt to install Flash Player again.  When installation hangs, close/exit the installer dialog window (either using the red 'x' in the upper corner or Activity Monitor to terminate the installation).

Gather the 2 files (for install.log file, we only need the section pertaining to the Flash Player installation attempt, not anything else) and upload the files to https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/send/ or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account login to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines