• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Flash Player icon stuck on desktop

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have google chrome and all of a sudden the flash player icon is on desktop where I can't edit my pics underneath.  I don't know what a plugin is or application but I have tried everything to get rid and uninstall flash player.  Can someone help me please?  I have windows 10, chrome.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

I moved your post (and replies) to a new discussion topic.  User's reporting issues with astuck icon on the desktop in 2021 is not the same issue as in 2017.

Please provide a screenshot of the icon stuck on the desktop.

If you've unistalled Flash Player note that Adobe's uninstallers do not remove any browser embedded Flash Player version (Chrome, IE/Edge).

• For Chrome: Per Google's Chrome Flash road-map Flash support was removed from Chrome in Chrome 88, released Jan 19, 2021.  Upgrade to C

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a Windows 10 system: big white popup at lower right of screen with the Flashplayer logo and an "i"..  I can't click on it or delete it, and it is stuck there no matter what application I'm in.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my firefox broswer and it has seemed to fix this issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...it didnt fix my issue...its back today!! Help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post (and replies) to a new discussion topic.  User's reporting issues with astuck icon on the desktop in 2021 is not the same issue as in 2017.

Please provide a screenshot of the icon stuck on the desktop.

If you've unistalled Flash Player note that Adobe's uninstallers do not remove any browser embedded Flash Player version (Chrome, IE/Edge).

• For Chrome: Per Google's Chrome Flash road-map Flash support was removed from Chrome in Chrome 88, released Jan 19, 2021.  Upgrade to Chrome 88 to have the Chrome-embedded Flash Player removed from your system.
  • Windows 8.x/10: Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control. This support page has a link to the Microsoft Update Catalog, which contains 38 files for the different Windows versions and architecture.  Make sure you download the correct file for your Windows version and architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my firefox broswer and it has seemed to fix this issue for me. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - issue is back today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Big fat sticker in the bottom right corner and it covers everything under it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with me.  Big rectangular icon - I inserted it below.  I'm certain that Flash Player is disabled in my Chrome.  But it still shows up in a list in Control Panel at the bottom of the list in System and Security.  This icon shows on all applications and gets in the way a lot.  If I right click on the icon and it indicated that it's for Flash Player version 32.0.0.445.  When I restart my computer it goes away for a few minutes but then comes back.  It doesn't seem to be a hack because it's not asking for me to do anything.  I'm assuming it's from Adobe.  Adobe, please help.

Ray5C40_0-1612020200309.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Chrome, it got rid of the icon. Then reinstalled chrome again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic tip. It worked! Thanks so much.

--
*Ray Schneider*

www.rayschneiderconsulting.com
www.rayschneiderphotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and cannot find anywhere on the Internet how to turn it off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael - the icon has gone away for me finally. 

Initially I uninstalled and then reinstalled Chrome.  The icon went away for a few days.  The problem seemed to be a Google problem not an Adobe problem.  Some people have had success with this approach.  But for me it came back after a few days.  Then I went into the files where Adobe flash Player is located.  This link gave me some clues where to look:  https://www.komando.com/technology/uninstall-adobe-flash-player/769401/

I tried to delete the files - in some cases I was able to delete them, in others it prevented me from deleting them becauase of some "admin" issues.  All I know is that after deleting all of the Flash related files it allowed me to delete and then rebooting, the icon has gone away and hasn't come back now for over a week.

Hopefully this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article is pretty much a regurgitation of https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html and https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html and completely misses the fact that Microsoft's embedded Flash Player on windows 8/10 is not removed by Adobe's Flash Player uninstaller.

To remove Microsoft's embedded Flash Player in IE/Edge, run Microsoft's update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, Please read through this document carefully before doing anything.  This support page has a link to the Microsoft Update Catalog, which contains 43 different files for the different Windows versions and architecture.  Make sure you download the correct file for your Windows version and architecture.  If you experience issues with this update, please contact Microsoft as it’s their update, not Adobe’s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some software/program you use needs Flash Player, however, Flash Player has been uninstalled from the system (most likely due to Flash Player's end-of-life). This could be any program and you'll need to research which one it is. One that has been often reported on this forum is Smilebox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling/re-installing Chrome, it came back after a few weeks. I do have Smilebox, which I hardly use, should I just uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is back again as well. I also have smilebox and am going to try and uninstall that and see if it goes away for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The icon displays because some program requires Flash Player and that program can't find Flash Player so it's displaying an info dialog on the desktop.  Smilebox has been identified as one such program.  Deleting/uninstalling Smilebox may resolve the issue, assuming no other programs that require Flash Player are installed on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem today,   read somewhere further down this page that Smilebox might be the problem so I uninstalled Smilebox,  as soon as the uninstall started the Flash player white box in the bottom right hand corner of my screen disappeared !      So might be worth a try if anyone is still having that annoying box stuck on their screen.    

If makes a re-appearance I'll come back on here to let everyone know !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I removed Smilebox the issue has not returned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines