• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recent upgrade caused problem with PDF security

New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent upgrade to FLASH Player now downloads pdf form with password. I could go into lots of detail but each post I have posted with details has been markes as SPAM.

How do I post to this forum with being marked as SPAM?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Sounds like the site has changed how it works. Anyway this is not the right forum as the folk here have no knowledge of PDFs, their passwords or Acrobat.  Flash doesn’t make, edit, or protect PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this one wasn't marked as SPAM. I will add a little at a time and see if it gets removed.

Part of my daily works involves printing a complete package of the day's shipping information. This includes a USPS scan form that I print from ebay  bulk shipping webpage. Normally, I click the web page PRINT button and the browser PRINT dialog pops up. I print to ADOBE PDF. Then I use Acrobat Pro XI to combine that file with other pdf's (created using same process) into 1 single pdf containing all the information I need for that day.

2 days ago I updated Flash Player to 32.0.0.363. I don't have any idea what the previous version that worked was. It could have been several versions ago. Just don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks good so far as for SPAM marking...... NEXT

Now when I click the web page print button it downloads the file without prompting, and the file now contains a password. Preventing me from combining with the other files or doing anything except print. When I open the file in Acrobat Pro XI it has the following across the top in a yellow banner. “Javescript is currently disabled and this document uses it for some features…” If I select to enable the Javascript 1 time or always, then the Acrobat print dialog box appears suddenly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEXT....

I have 2 laptops that I work from equally. I do this same process from each equally. The other laptop is still doing this correctly without a password on the file. Same web site, same file, same day. 1 laptop adds password, the other does not. Same version of Acrobat Pro, same version of flash player Same browser.

• Download file on good laptop no password. Open that same file on the bad laptop, no password.
  • Download file on bad laptop, password protected. Open that same file on the good laptop password protected.

It has to be the Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slowing down the text adding because it got marked as SPAM again.

NEXT....

I have 2 laptops that I work from equally. I do this same process from each equally. The other laptop is still doing this correctly without a password on the file. Same web site, same file, same day. 1 laptop adds password, the other does not. Same version of Acrobat Pro, same version of flash player Same browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEXT...

• Download file on good laptop no password. Open that same file on the bad laptop, no password.
  • Download file on bad laptop, password protected. Open that same file on the good laptop password protected.

It has to be the Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the site has changed how it works. Anyway this is not the right forum as the folk here have no knowledge of PDFs, their passwords or Acrobat.  Flash doesn’t make, edit, or protect PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.. then I'm off to Acrobat. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines