• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Release version autoupdated to Beta

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our systems, which is set to "Allow Adobe to install updates", has somehow been updated to 28.0.0.129 for both the ActiveX and NPAPI Plug-in versions. The users of this system do not have administrator rights. How did this happen when the latest release version is 27.0.0.187? Is there a setting somewhere that put this system on the beta channel? If so, how do I unset it? I realize I can just uninstall the beta and reinstall the release version but I would like to be sure that it doesn't happen again. Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Hi rcolsonmarrakech ,

Based on the installation history in the FlashInstall log files provided, the system in question has been in the beta channel since April 19, 2017 when version 25.0.0.156 was installed.  Therefore, each subsequent update has been from the beta channel, not release channel.

From the log file:

• 2015-08-04: stable version 18.0.0.209 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via MSI installer
  • 2015-08-07: stable version 18.0.0.232 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via MSI installer
  • 2017-02-22: st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scenario you indicate shouldn't happen.  A beta version should not install over a stable release version, and vice versa.

To investigate further, I'd like to review the FlashInstall log file(s) from an impacted system, located at:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Mcromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log

Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document or any file sharing service (that does not require login to access the files) of your choice.  Post the link to the uploaded file in your reply, or private message it to me.  To send a private message, click on my user_name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply, Maria. I wish I'd noticed it sooner. My bad. Oddly, I didn't get an email alerting me of a response. Perhaps I've selected the wrong options.

Here is the link to the files you asked for: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I haven't tried to interpret what's in there. I just checked to see if there was anything particularly confidential, which there was not.

I haven't made any purposeful flash changes to this system yet but auto-update is still on.

I await your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the files.  I'll review them and reply, most likely on Monday.

Thanks again.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rcolsonmarrakech ,

Based on the installation history in the FlashInstall log files provided, the system in question has been in the beta channel since April 19, 2017 when version 25.0.0.156 was installed.  Therefore, each subsequent update has been from the beta channel, not release channel.

From the log file:

• 2015-08-04: stable version 18.0.0.209 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via MSI installer
  • 2015-08-07: stable version 18.0.0.232 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via MSI installer
  • 2017-02-22: stable version 24.0.0.221 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via EXE installer
  • 2017-04-19: attempt to install beta version 25.0.0.156 was made.  Installation failed because Flash Player prevents beta to stable, or stable to beta.  To go from beta to stable channel, or vice versa, requeires manually uninstalling Flash player using the standalone uninstaller.
  • 2017-04-19: stable version 24.0.0.221 was uninstalled (using the uninstaller released with stable version 25.0.0.148)
  • 2017-04-19: beta version 25.0.0.156 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed using the EXE installer
  • 2017-10-26: beta version 27.0.0.180 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via background update
  • 2017-11-09: beta version 28.0.0.105 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via background update
  • 2017-11-16: beta version 28.0.0.111 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via background update
  • 2017-11-24: beta version 28.0.0.120 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via background update
  • 2017-12-06: beta version 28.0.0.129 for ActiveX and NPAPI installed via background update

This particular system has been in the beta channel since April 19, 2017.

To revert to the stable channel, use the standalone uninstaller, posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and then install a stable version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help! I'll do the uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines