• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reliable Site for Downloading Updates for Adobe Flash Player?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iMac uses Mohave 10.14.2. The Adobe Flash version is 32.0.0.101. The computer is set to have Adobe notify me when an update is available and then I do the update. For several weeks a window will pop up while I am browsing. The window states that the computer does not have the latest version of Adobe Flash and that I should click to allow the update to be downloaded. I cannot make the window disappear so that I can continue. Therefore, I must close Safari and start again. I have sent several emails to the report phishing email address for Apple. I do not trust the warning because my Adoble Flash is up to date. Does anybody else experience this situation? The pop up comes from earth wax.top. Does anybody know if this is a legitimate site?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Yes, we are constantly under attack with fake updates. Ignore them. There are NO other sites outside Adobe licensed to offer Flash Player, none at all, so we can be sure they all are fakes. I suggest you avoid these problem sites, they could have other kinds of attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we are constantly under attack with fake updates. Ignore them. There are NO other sites outside Adobe licensed to offer Flash Player, none at all, so we can be sure they all are fakes. I suggest you avoid these problem sites, they could have other kinds of attack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  It happens frequently -- a dozen time per day!  I use Firefox on a Mac, and at random something pops up saying my Flash player needs to be updated.

How do I tell for certain whether my Flash is up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click on Settings on your iMac. Down in the bottom left corner of the window that pops up, you should see the icon for Flash Player. Click on that and you will be able to see your version of Adobe Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines