• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reminder Flash Player End of Life

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if the reminder of  Adobe Flash Player EOL will continue to pop up until I uninstall it?

It will be easier to me to uninstall it using the reminder that is why Im asking.

Otherwise I don t know how to uninstall it on my Windows 8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

It depends where the pop-up reminder is coming from.  A screenshot would be helpful.

If you installed Flash Player manually, a reminder will pop-up to uninstall Flash Player.

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE and distributed all updates for the embedded version of Flash Player.  Adobe's uninstaller will NOT removed the embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control as it's managed/owned by Microsoft.

If you wish to uninstall the Flash Player ActiveX Control embedded

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EOL notice is coming from your browser.

Please consult your browser's documentation about removing plugins.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends where the pop-up reminder is coming from.  A screenshot would be helpful.

If you installed Flash Player manually, a reminder will pop-up to uninstall Flash Player.

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX Control in IE and distributed all updates for the embedded version of Flash Player.  Adobe's uninstaller will NOT removed the embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control as it's managed/owned by Microsoft.

If you wish to uninstall the Flash Player ActiveX Control embedded in IE Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control. Please read through this document carefully before doing anything.  This support page has a link to the Microsoft Update Catalog, which contains 43 different files for the different Windows versions and architecture.  Make sure you download the correct file for your Windows version and architecture.  If you experience issues with this update, please contact Microsoft as it's their update, not Adobe's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines