• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

remove?

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the notice about flash player ending. The information box wants to know if I want to remove it now. I just want to know if removing flash player would affect my photography software programs? If so, what should I do about it?

TOPICS
End of life , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Remove it.  After Dec 31st, Flash Player is dead anyway.  Creative Cloud photo apps (Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, etc...) DO NOT require Flash Player. But if you have other apps that require Flash Player, suggest you replace them now with ones that don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove it.  After Dec 31st, Flash Player is dead anyway.  Creative Cloud photo apps (Photoshop, Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, etc...) DO NOT require Flash Player. But if you have other apps that require Flash Player, suggest you replace them now with ones that don't.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about flash games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thisisirrational 

You're welcome.

@TheTeam86 & @cuscus132 

Same answer. Websites, games and other Flash-based apps relying on Adobe Flash Player will be unusable unless they are converted to other technologies before Dec 31st.   For older apps, that's unlikely but if you're in doubt, ask the developer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also curious to know what are we suppose to do when a site needs Flash to be able to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the site needs Flash to do a thing, there is nothing you can do. Find another site to do the thing, or don't do the thing. There will be many dead sites, maybe millions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is HTML5? Will it work with Windows 10 where I use both Internet Explorer (for printing my puzzles) and when I am on Google. I do not use EDGE! Where do I get HTML5 for my desktop computer? Should I use FireFox? I really received no information from my earlier postings.

[Personal information removed from public forum by moderator for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you received all the info you need, but I think you don't like the answer. I repeat: If the site needs Flash to do a thing, there is nothing you can do. Find another site to do the thing, or don't do the thing. There will be many dead sites, maybe millions. Asking again won't change it. There is nothing you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PatB25,

#1 HTML5 is a coding language.  Almost every web site you visit these days uses it.  There is nothing for you to download. 

#2 After Dec 31st, websites and games that rely on Flash Player will stop working.   There's nothing you can do about it. 

#3 Flash content developers had 3 years advanced notice that this was coming.  If they haven't switched to other web technologies like HTML5 by now, it's unlikely they ever will.   Say goodbye to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is HTML5?  Will it work with Windows 10 where I use both Internet Explorer (for printing my puzzles) and when I am on Google.  I do not use EDGE!  Where do I get HTML5 for my desktop computer?  Should I use FireFox?  I really received no information from my earlier postings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 is the modern standard, used by most web sites, and all your web browsers will do it. The important thing is that the people who make Flash sites needed to convert the site to use HTML5 instead. But that's just a tech detail you don't need to know.

You (as a person visiting the sites) cannot do anything. If it's still a Flash site at the end of the year it WILL stop working. There is NOTHING you can do to prepare, change or convert except to start to look for different sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 is an updated version of earlier HTLM web page format that supports multimedia without the need of plugins like Flash.

Here is an oldish video that still explains HTML5 quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzPxo7Y6JyA 

To your other question, all modern (current) browsers support HTML5. You don't 'get' HTML5 in terms of installing it. It is part of the browser. Internet Explorer is quite old and is becoming obsolete. Firefox is fine to use for HTLM5 content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PatB25 

Please stop duplicate posting. I have merged this with your other posts.

You have received multiple replies so far.  Look at your forum notifications (bell icon) and/or profile (avatar).

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ONLY thing that I use Flash Player for is to print various puzzles so that I can work them away from home.  If I have any problem with printing (blank page produced) I simply turn off and back on my printer and then the puzzles print out.  Will this still occur after December 31, 2020?  Printing emails give no problems and neither do information from my Quicken account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PatB25 

See my answer above.  Apps, games and websites that rely on Flash Player will stop working.

Quicken has never used Flash and neither have e-mail clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but when  you uninstall it, after a couple of days a new pop-up appears offering to install it...
ADOBE get your things right please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines