Removing Flash Player

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a solution to be able to remove Adobe Flash player from multiple machines remotley.

Preferably a command line that I can deploy with Desktop Central. 

Does anyone use a similar system or know of a method I can use to remove Flash Player from the devices?

I have created a configuration to run the uninstaller, which reported successful, but after checking the security portal, all the vulnerabilities are still on the device, after doing some research I realised the flash files may still be present and would need to run another command to delete these, unfortunatley these files will not delete.

C:\windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Has anyone else come across this issue, I have had real trouble trying to remove these files and was wondering if anyone would be able to help?

Thanks,
Zach

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021
Chapter 3 of the Flash Player Admin Guide addresses what you're wanting to do. Note that Adobe's Flash Player uninstaller does not remove any browser-embedded version of Flash Player. For Chrome: Per the Chrome Flash road-map Google will remove support Flash from Chrome in Chrome 88, scheduled for release some time this month. Windows 8.x/10: Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge emb...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chapter 3 of the Flash Player Admin Guide addresses what you're wanting to do.

Note that Adobe's Flash Player uninstaller does not remove any browser-embedded version of Flash Player.

"after doing some research I realised the flash files may still be present and would need to run another command to delete these, unfortunatley these files will not delete."

This sounds like it's the browser embedded Flash Player files that remain, especially ActiveX Control files from IE/Edge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also consult your browser's documentation about removing plugins.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines