• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated Popups

May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I keep getting the following popup message at all websites visited, using Windows 7 64 bit:
"This website wants to run the following add-on: "Adobe Flash player" from Adobe Inc"

I clicked on "allow for all websites"  does not help.
It is enabled in IE 11 browser. Version 32.0.0

Uninstalled it totally with Revo and advanced deletions, then reinstalled twice with no success.

Checked registry and found following keys related to Shockwave and Macromedia that I, and apparently, Revo could not delete:
D27CDB70-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000
D27CD6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks for looking at this.

Ps: will I receive an email about this or do I check in periodically? Am new.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Maria: If you get this, I have no other way to cantact you since your last email to does not have a reply link and I forget either my Id or password and can’t get back into the forum.

Well...Flash is back working again as it should. You were correct... problem was the browser not Flash.

Early on I had checked the "SECURITY TAB" on the internet options panel and all appeared fine. What I did not check was settings in the "ADVANCED TAB" near the bottom under "security". Here I found TLS settings we

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By design, you get this for each site WITH FLASH and each browser run. The idea is to make Flash really annoying so you complain to the site owner, and have them stop using Flash.

You say you get it for all sites but you should only get it for sites that use Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my problem.

I must push back a little on your diagnosis and conclusion. By design, I have not been getting this from each site visited with Flash and I spend way too much time on the net to know this. The most I ever get re Flash is a message to allow an update.

Also, I do get this for all sites. The same message popped up first thing when I opened your web responce. It would seem the computer world has yet to give up all its secrets.

Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following:

• Direct link to content that exhibits the behaviour
  • Screenshot of the pop-up
    • Forums do not allow email attachments, please come to the forums and post the screenshot here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Popup1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is ActiveX Filtering (Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering) enabled or disabled?  If it's enabled, disable it and try again.

If that doesn't work:

• Is this a personal computer, or IT (work) managed computer?  Have there been any recent changes to security settings on the machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct,  Maria. It is odd. I have enabled unabled and enable a number of times. I have reinstalled at least twice now, maybe three times. It downloads the correct version okay, requests IE browser to be closed, and to be safe, I turn off the Avast antivirus app.

I can only guess that if Revo would not delete those two items in the registry and I could not easily delete them, then maybe these hold overs have something to do with it. There are ways to delete these keys using other tools, but I was afraid to push it because the keys contain other folders that may or may not affect other programs.

Any more ideas are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the ActiveX Filtering is enabled?

Instead of using Revo to uninstall, try using the Flash Player uninstaller

I don't think it's a permission issue on any of the Flash Player files, but third party uninstall tools have been known to muck with Windows permissions.

Can you please provide the FlashInstall files:

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log
  • C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log

Upload both files to Document Cloud (How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud ) or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account log in to access. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Herewith is the log link you requested:

Adobe Document Cloud

I see I did not answer questions on previous email as they were covered up by the popup message and not seen. This is a personal home computer, no sharing. Do not think any security settings were changed.

I tried enabling and disenabling active x and no difference. It is active now.

As  to your request about uninstalling with Adobe, Revo first brings up the programs uninstaller and allows it to remove the program, then comes in and does cleanup of files left behind. That aside, your mention of this triggered my memory...and when Revo started and Adobes Flash Player came up to do the uninstall, a Flash Player message came up saying it could not do the uninstall, or words to that effect. When I closed that expecting to do research on it, I saw the Revo page was still open asking if I wanted to do the cleanup, which I did. It seems likely then that only the cleanup got deleted by Revo and not the actual program by Flash Player.

That still doesn't answer why the first reinstall did not work and why Flash Player could not uninstall itself.

I leave this in your capable hands... and thank you for being there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what that link got me:

Dangerous File Blocked

Well, looks like we can’t go any further

Something appears to be missing…

The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaelr1so113

Please don't attempt to download Flash Player from any site other than adobe.com, especially from some random user on the forums.  This person has posted the same URL to several discussion topics and I've reported them to the forum admins as posting spam/malicious content.

I've not had a chance to look at the files you provided.  I should be able to do so this afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria: If you get this, I have no other way to cantact you since your last email to does not have a reply link and I forget either my Id or password and can’t get back into the forum.

Well...Flash is back working again as it should. You were correct... problem was the browser not Flash.

Early on I had checked the "SECURITY TAB" on the internet options panel and all appeared fine. What I did not check was settings in the "ADVANCED TAB" near the bottom under "security". Here I found TLS settings were enabled, but not SSL, Tried SSL 2.0 and met with success. Subsequently set it at SSL 3.0 and all seems to be working fine.

Hope this enlightened you a little as it did me, a lot. Thanks again for your tireless help. I want to hit the correct answer link but as I said, can’t get back.

Michael

Ps: Revo removes all the traces that many programs leave behind just to keep their foot in the door, when you want them gone. It just does the job it is instructed to do. Works better than M$ uninstall in control panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting the update.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you're trying to pass on as Adobe Flash Player installer - but there is only one place to get Flash Player and it's adobe.com, not mediafire.com or anywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria:

If you are still working on this problem, an interesting developement happened.
Knowing I did not uninstall the last Flash download, went to Adobe's Flash test.
It said I did not have Flash or that it was broken.

I still had the files, though. Looked in the Revo uninstaller and Flash was listed as still being a program. I started Revo, the Flash uninstaller came up as it should, but this time it did the uninstall, unlike earlier. Revo cleaned out the traces of flash from the directory and registry.

I went to latest version on the web, it read my correct platform and bits. I downloaded the new file to my desktop to run from there. Before running it, I restarted the computer to clear out IE 11 which now did not show up in the task bar processing, turned off the Avast virus program and ran the flash file. In short, it should have been a perfect install.

Alas, same problem exists. I hope you learned something from the log files, if haven't thrown up your hands, like I feel like doing.

Thanks for reading this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log files show a successful installation.  This file normally contains historical install/uninstall information, and isn't deleted when Flash Player is uninstalled.  The file provided only contains information for one installation attempt, which indicates it was deleted (either manually or Revo).  This is unfortunate as historical install/uninstall information helps when troubleshooting issues.

The reason I wanted to see the files is in case there was some permission issue with the installation that may have resulted in Flash Player failing to register.  This isn't the case.

Since Flash Player installed successfully, the issue is with the browser security settings.  Did the behaviour start after you installed Revo or before?  These types of programs are known to modify system settings resulting in unexpected/undesired behaviour (e.g. in the past we've had reports of File system permission errors, failed Flash Player ActiveX registration, files locked, etc due to these types of programs).

A few places to look:

• Control Panel > Internet Options > Security tab > Internet
    • Is this set to 'Custom Level' or 'Default Level'?
    • Try resetting to Default Level
  • Control Panel >  Internet Options > Programs tab > Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions
    • Make sure Shockwave Flash Object is Enabled

Bottom line is that the issue is with the browser and its handling of ActiveX Controls.  It's not a Flash Player issue, per se.  Something is preventing it from running the Control, even after you allowed it.  You may want to contact Microsoft for assistance in troubleshooting issues with their browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines