Repetive requests to update Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About twice a week now when I turn my computer on, an Adobe message shows up asking me to download Adobe Flash Player update.  I do this once a week!  I can't get it to stop asking me.  I go through the steps (3) and it congratulates me for doing it... blah blah.  So why does it keep reminding me to do it?? Anyone else?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player forum turn left down the hall. We are the Acrobat Reader forum. Here: Flash Player

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We update monthly, but we occasionally ship out of cycle releases for security issues that show up in the wild. 

That said, there are multiple variants of Flash Player, one for each major browser variant.  It sounds like you have more than one flavor of Flash installed, and you've disabled automatic updates -- which would simply happen silently, and without your intervention.

We'd highly recommend that you turn automatic updates on.  It's a better user experience (it just works and doesn't bother you), and it ensures that when you're browsing the web, you're doing it with the latest security updates applied.

You can do that by going to Control Panel > Flash Player > Updates > Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended).

Hope that helps!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines