• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace adobe flash player with what specifically?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need suggestions for adobe flash player for windows 10. i.e. websites where I can DL new players. Do I have to do a "cloud" something? I want to just go to a companies web site and get a new replacement player.

Thank you.

Lois G.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

There is no replacement. Nothing. Do not subscribe to Adobe's Creative Cloud to get one, this is an advert for an unrelated product used by professionals. Web sites which aghve not converted will just stop working, and that is that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

As has been said, the Flash player is no longer beging supported from the end of this year and nothing is replacing it that will support Flash files. All Flash content needs to be converted to another format - like HTML5- if it is to be available to web visitors in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no replacement. Nothing. Do not subscribe to Adobe's Creative Cloud to get one, this is an advert for an unrelated product used by professionals. Web sites which aghve not converted will just stop working, and that is that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been said, the Flash player is no longer beging supported from the end of this year and nothing is replacing it that will support Flash files. All Flash content needs to be converted to another format - like HTML5- if it is to be available to web visitors in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is confusing. Do I need to replace my Flash Drive? If so, how do I do that?  The other will fall off Dec. 31, 2020b OR do I have to uninstall it? If I do nothing other than uninstalling this when I need a flash player, will my system make recommendations? I get the remarks that say there are no replacements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susan,

You don't need to do anything. If you update your browsers, they will take care of disabling Flash. Even now browsers are giving warnings about Flash.

To clarify - the Flash Player, which has been a browser plugin to support Flash content playing in the browser, has been phased out over time with the end of this year as its final end of life. At that point, not only will there be no support for it, browsers will block Flash content. 

People who created Flash content for the web may have converted it to other formats so it can work beyond this year. If people have not converted content, they probably have decided it is not worth it and you can move on from their material.

Hope that makes things clearer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Drive is a kind of external disk you plug in to your computer. Nothing to do with Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines