• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacement program

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled Flashplayer, but now no links I receive by email are working, whether they be PDF, Facebook, or web browser receipts. The only way to view them is to either open in an abbreviated browser, which looks like Explorer/Edge, or in FB's case, the website itself. I note it mentioned that Flashplayer didn't open PDF's, so should I reload Adobe Reader, I already have Adobe DC?

Otherwise, any idea how else I can go about fixing this issue as it's quite annoying?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Changing your computer date is problematic and not great advice.  The crytographic certificate mechanics that allow your browser to establish trust with a remote web server when communicating over HTTPS involves confirming that the dates on the certificates that get exchanged are valid.  Having the wrong date sets you up for all kinds of weird failures when browsing the web.  

Flash Player has reached it's End Of Life, and is no longer available.  We announced this in 2017, to give other softw

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player, indeed, never handled PDFs. What is the browser that is NOT working - the one you would go to with links from your email? And what is your email app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TSN,

True.

Google Chrome. I'm beginning to think it may be the browser?

I now use MS Outlook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled adobe flash .

SARS issued a temporary program which did not work

They now say I must change the computer date to before it expired and it will work. Unfortunately I cant reinstall it. 

Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing your computer date is problematic and not great advice.  The crytographic certificate mechanics that allow your browser to establish trust with a remote web server when communicating over HTTPS involves confirming that the dates on the certificates that get exchanged are valid.  Having the wrong date sets you up for all kinds of weird failures when browsing the web.  

Flash Player has reached it's End Of Life, and is no longer available.  We announced this in 2017, to give other software vendors and content providers plenty of time to update their products to remove dependencies on Flash. 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

For legacy products that cannot be updated, there are some options available to enterprise organizations, which you can read about here: 
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Technical details on the Enterprise Enablement feature (this is probably what you'll need to enlist someone with system administration expertise to help with) can be found here (pp. 28):

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines