• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requesting that Adobe make an official AS2 to HTML5 conversion program!

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if the topic fits here, otherwise you may move it to an appropriate section.

This is a very urgent issue for a lot of people. Requesting that Adobe finally create an official program to convert AS2 to HTML5 in a 1:1 manner. No more 3rd party suggestions, they don't work, period. Adobe made flash, they should have everything they need to make such a converter.

A lot of us are left scratching our heads here. See I was never savvy with AS2 to begin with. I simply downloaded a website template, dissected it (learned how it worked) and made it into my own. I improved it from the original, changed a lot of things, revamped it or w/e. It's basically mine now and I'm comfortable using it... before that though, I would NEVER have known how to build such a site from the ground up. It would have been outright impossible.

That's where a lot of us stand now, where HTML5 only makes sense when you've followed a tutorial or viewed some instructions in the template. The know-how is isolated only to those templates and don't apply anywhere else. My site's template doesn't exist in HTML5, there's no way for me to know how to make it from scratch. The only solution is to make a converter. I hear AS2 is very similar to JavaScript, I tried learning some of it (again it only made sense isolated to those tutorials and not as a build from the ground up), but at least it shows that the conversion is 100% doable, IF they make this program. Can we get an elevated request to the devs at Adobe to make such a program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After 20 years I still believe that As2/As3 language is much more fun that javascript, much faster to develop and debug, more cross browser etc.. I just hope the new tech standards will be a real step to progress and evolve in web development without to forget all the code done tha last 20 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines