• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieving data from response file now that flash player has ended

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to retrieve data from an Adobe response file now that flash player has ended? I was not pryvy to this end of life!<eeek>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

I assume this is related to Adobe Acrobat or Reader.  My guess (Adobe is a huge company, and there's no way for me to personally keep track of the hundreds of downstream uses of Flash across the huge array of products we offer) is that updating to a current version of Acrobat will have addressed this use-case, while also eliminating the Flash dependency.  

If not, I'd love to know more about what product we're talking about and the context.  Asking in the community for that product will probably

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this is related to Adobe Acrobat or Reader.  My guess (Adobe is a huge company, and there's no way for me to personally keep track of the hundreds of downstream uses of Flash across the huge array of products we offer) is that updating to a current version of Acrobat will have addressed this use-case, while also eliminating the Flash dependency.  

If not, I'd love to know more about what product we're talking about and the context.  Asking in the community for that product will probably get you a quick and correct answer, but I'd really like to know where to point people to.  I've seen a couple vague references to this over the last couple days, but nobody has actually described what they're doing clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, yes it is Adobe Acrobat pro. My staff fill out an adobe form that has been 'prepared' and using the 'distribute' tool in adobe on that form it is sent to the people needing to fill in the data. There is a submit button which they use to send the form via email. When i receive that form and open it, adope opens up, asks to save it to the response file and would generate the data into the adobe response spreadsheet which apparently used flash player to do so. I was unaware of the demise of the player, so now i can not open that response file to view/retrieve the data. When it was working, you had the ability to export into excel. Now when i open it, i just get the icon that flash has ended. It does seem however, that the data is still going into the response file because if i click on the form to open it the second time, i get the message the data is already entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the latest Acrobat version.  I'm pretty sure that they've already shipped a version that solves this.  If it doesn't, the folks in the Acrobat community can probably get you going.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to check in to see if updating to the latest Acrobat resolved this for you, or if you were still stuck.  Please let me know.  I want to make sure I'm giving out useful advice. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines