Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reverting to an older version of flash player

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobers!

Hoping for some help here to revert to a previous version of Flash i.e. from 28 to 25.

64bit Windows 10 Pro  Ver. 1709 OS Build 16299.125

Chrome Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit

Flash Version 28.0.0.126

I want to go back to Flash Version 25.

This is because I am having a problem with SAP BusinessObjects XCelsius 2008 (SAP Dashboard Design 4.0) and for the next step the support engineer wants me to revert back to Flash version 25.

I have read various forum posts and resource websites but can not find a workable answer how to do this.

I have tried to uninstall flash (using the Adobe uninstaller i.e 'uninstall_flash_player.exe')  as per a 'how to do a clean install of flash' instructional BUT the even though I ran the uninstaller twice (as administrator) it had no effect. Version 28 was running just fine in Chrome and Edge after the uninstall!

I understand that the browsers Chrome and Edge come bundled with flash and can only 'disable' from there so is not an option for reverting to an old version.

Can anyone help me !!

Thank You

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Flash Player uninstaller will not remove any integrated/embedded version of Flash Player.  It will only uninstall user-installed Flash Player versions.

For Edge you can try uninstalling the Flash Player for IE/Edge Windows Updates, which may or may not work.  Uninstalling updates is very time consuming and requires system restarts for each update that is uninstalled.

For Chrome:

Chrome will always launch the most recent version of Flash Player on the system.  If you install a previous version and t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player uninstaller will not remove any integrated/embedded version of Flash Player.  It will only uninstall user-installed Flash Player versions.

For Edge you can try uninstalling the Flash Player for IE/Edge Windows Updates, which may or may not work.  Uninstalling updates is very time consuming and requires system restarts for each update that is uninstalled.

For Chrome:

Chrome will always launch the most recent version of Flash Player on the system.  If you install a previous version and the integrated version is more current, then Chrome will use the integrated version.  To get around this, rename the folder the integrated version of Flash Player is saved in and Chrome will use the manually installed previous version.

The integrated version is saved at C:\Users\<YourUsedID>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\<FlashPlayerVersion>.  Navigate to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash and rename the Flash Player version folder (e.g. rename 28.0.0.126 to something like backup_28.0.0.126).  Install the version you wish to test with and Chrome will load that version.

Note that Chrome blocks Flash by default, forcing users to enable it for each site visiting.  In addition, since you'll now be using an older version of Flash it'll display an additional warning.  For example, after doing the above, I:

• Navigated to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
  • Clicked the 'Check Now' button.  Flash was still disabled.
  • Click the Info icon to the left of the address field and selected 'Site Settings'
  • In the new tab, for the Flash setting, I selected 'Allow'
  • Went back to the original page (https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html) and reloaded the page (Chrome will prompt you to reload the page after changing the Flash Player settings)
  • Chrome detected I was attempting to use an older version of Flash and displayed the following warning
  • I clicked 'Run this time' and Flash content displayed.

The above ONLY runs Flash for that time.  If you navigate to a different page, reload the page, Chrome will block Flash again and you'll need to run it again for that site - essentially you'll be prompted to run Flash for every page that has Flash.

<edit>
When finished go back to the C:\Users\<YourUsedID>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\ folder and rename the Flash Player folder back to just the version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

Thank you for a quick and thorough response that answered all my questions even though actually reverting to version 25 is going to be more of a task than is worth simply to eliminate it being the version as causing the issue (about which I have my doubts) I am facing in xcelsius.

Excellent support Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

If you're research indicates a bug in Flash Player on SAP BusinessObjects XCelsius 2008 (SAP Dashboard Design 4.0), please file a bug at https://tracker.adobe.com.  Include as much information as possible, including a simple test case that reproduces the behavior, if possible).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

The support engineer tested it and it worked fine in 28 so no issue with flash.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i need some help please until  now i use windows 10 version 2015 because of the flash player 18 when i update the windows the new version of flash player doesn't save cash so every time i open un online game it download everything over again please i need some help here i tried every thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i need some help please until  now i use windows 10 version 2015 because of the flash player 18 when i update the windows the new version of flash player doesn't save cash so every time i open un online game it download everything over again please i need some help here i tried every thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines