• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reviwing old flash site, before web browsers end support.

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old flash games site running for years, and still getting traffic. I am looking for the best way to save it somehow, I am guessing it will be non-functional after browsers this year stop supporting flash?

TOPICS
End of life , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

If you can't rebuild (and certainly only the original author can rebuild, if anyone can), then for almost all web users, all Flash games and all other Flash sites will be useless. A few dedicated hobbyists may be able to make things work, but the chances are, with 99% of their audience gone, the people paying to keep these old sites alive will stop paying and they will go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's recommendation remains only: convert to modern technologies instead of using Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I really left it running for ages with little to no maintenance, I guess then its too much work, maybe will analyze what are most popular games and rebuild only those...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rebuild is not a solution. In case, the games are not mine how could be rebuild?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't rebuild (and certainly only the original author can rebuild, if anyone can), then for almost all web users, all Flash games and all other Flash sites will be useless. A few dedicated hobbyists may be able to make things work, but the chances are, with 99% of their audience gone, the people paying to keep these old sites alive will stop paying and they will go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines