Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

running flash as part of swishmax

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help

I use flash player as the construction tool for my weather forecast animation then render them to video

in a software called Swishmax. Flash does not need to be run in browsers to allow me to do this.

Please can i still use flash in window 7 and 10 in order to continue to run this software 

Can you help me achieve the same results in adobe software?

thankyou

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Paul,

SWiSH Max was widely regarded as the "poor man's version of Flash Pro" until the Sydney based company closed up shop in 2016.   They knew the end of Flash was coming and didn't waste any time getting out.

Going forward, I suggest you switch to Adobe Animate CC or After Effects for your video animations.  As to whether or not you can continue business as usual, I honestly don't know.  As a test, try uninstalling Flash Player and see if you can continue using SWiSH Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will work or it won't. It probably won't, and nobody can help with that. Notice was given 3 years ago to convert to other technologies.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The use of Swish is to develop the content. The content is then converted to MP4 or GIF for use on the net. 

I also want to do this and can't because someone else decided for me that there will ne no more flash.
I Also want a standalone tversion to run on Windows 10. If someone sorts this please let me know also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I misread that - you mean you are looking for new technologies? Did you make the Flash app that you run? Or do you know exactly what it does? You need to go back to the first programming problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to be best served in the long-run by transitioning off Flash.  You might be able to limp along for some period of time (you could, for instance, create a virtual machine with all the software you need, disconnect it from the internet, and set the clock back), but it's going to be increasingly difficult. 

If the developer of the software package you're using is still in business, they've probably done the work to remove dependencies on Flash in the latest versions of their product, or there are comparable software packages from vendors that have.

While there are definitely ways you could do this with Adobe software (I think I posted a reply to another post you made already).  Our tools are overkill for what you're trying to do (which might be fine if you're already licensing them), but automating what you'd want to do is non-trivial.  Those products have their own communities on the forums with domain experts.  Also, if you really want video output and not animated GIFs, After Effects might be a better choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

SWiSH Max was widely regarded as the "poor man's version of Flash Pro" until the Sydney based company closed up shop in 2016.   They knew the end of Flash was coming and didn't waste any time getting out.

Going forward, I suggest you switch to Adobe Animate CC or After Effects for your video animations.  As to whether or not you can continue business as usual, I honestly don't know.  As a test, try uninstalling Flash Player and see if you can continue using SWiSH Max.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, if you can, using Adobe Animate CC to publish to HTML5 Canvas would be the ideal outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the second time this happens. They purchase segious magic and took it off the market, They purchase flash from macromedia and took it off the market. Many users have other programs that uses flash to construct flash video then convert them to mp4. Why are they wiping out millions if not billions of dollars invested in the content that was build. When you convert to mp4 videos you can easily may them responsive.

So what we need is that adobe provide a flash player that works in windows but not on the browser simple so that those of us that have programs that uses flash can continue using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would still be a huge security problem, because people would use this standalone player on stuff they downloaded from the internet. The attacks would continue on people who are not sufficiently clued in to protect themselves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that be their problem. There are those of us who would still like to run Flash for various reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not so callous and cruel as to say "let us leave dangerous tools around and if people play with them, that is their problem from their ignorance - if they lose their life savings, why should I care because I have some important stuff I want to do".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many flash content developers are for elearning, gaming and website banner their are so many way to solve this.

Streaming, Converting to video, Flash safe websites, maybe even norton or some other security programs can be of assistance. If world class security sites can be hack anything can be hack given enough time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They purchase flash from macromedia and took it off the market.

Actually, Macromedia went out of business in 2005.  Under Adobe's stewardship, Flash enjoyed a very successful run for many years beyond that until early 2021.  But now it's over and time to move forwards not backwards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry That's not how adobe acquired micromedia flash. 

Checkout Newtimes article https://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/19/technology/adobe-buys-macromedia-for-34-billion.html  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I remember the acquisition very well.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia

But none of this is relevant to SwishMax  -- the original topic.

You have been warned not to do it. But if you throw caution to the wind and decide to use unsupported software despite the risks involved, that's your cross to bear, not ours. 

Goodbye & good luck 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines