• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safari 14 and loss of Flash player- what now?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I spent hours waiting, then talking to Apple support to find out why Flash Player had disappeared and my games were no longer functionig,  the suport person said that there was nothing wrong with my Mac, even tho I told them I felt the upgrade had messed things up.  She suggested that I get support from Adobe, where I now find the truth, that they have totally disabled the program and killed all my game sites.  So my question is this:  what do we use now to get back to our game sites?  Is there a way to delete the upgrade of Safari (which I hated the redesign of my favorites page, deleted most of the changes to get it back to normal).  Or is there another program that will get me back to my games?  I know its just stupid time wasters, but it helps with the stress at the end of the day. Would downloading a different browser work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

You chose to install Safari 14 which has removed support for Flash. No idea why Apple would send you to Adobe, since it was Apple that took it away. Adobe have NOT disabled the program and killed all your game sites today!!

To be fair, that is exactly what they will do at the end of the year, so you might as well just give up the Flash habit, and all those obsolete sites, today: start looking for games that don't use Flash.  But blame Apple for today's problem. Perhaps there is a way to downgrad

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm in a same case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and flash is working just fine
(for now) and got some game time in. But still the big ?
what will happen 12/31?

--
*Rhonda*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You chose to install Safari 14 which has removed support for Flash. No idea why Apple would send you to Adobe, since it was Apple that took it away. Adobe have NOT disabled the program and killed all your game sites today!!

To be fair, that is exactly what they will do at the end of the year, so you might as well just give up the Flash habit, and all those obsolete sites, today: start looking for games that don't use Flash.  But blame Apple for today's problem. Perhaps there is a way to downgrade Safari - and get a few months more - but this is something to ask Apple. Or, indeed, try a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
downloaded Firefox, so games back on for now

--
*Rhonda*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS You can expect all browsers to make the next few months increasingly miserable for people still trying to use Flash. It's a deliberate policy to irritate and annoy people so they change, and especially so they complain to the sites, so the sites fix it. Bit late now though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Safari "upgraded" to 14.0 yesterday and I am in the same boat! Ca I switch browsers for just the access to flashlayer (because i like Safari for everything else) or  am I stuck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use another browser, like Chrome for instance, until it does the same trick. Which will be soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Mozilla Firefox and flash is working...for now

--
*Rhonda*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue(s) and the site I am working on has informed me that all my work will be deleted after 11/1/2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.....thought I was stupid or something.  Glad to hear others have the exact same issue!! But.....looks like we are stuck and Apple is responsible! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Mozilla Firefox and flash is working - for now-
able to run games but 12/31 is hanging in the air...what will
happen to all the game sites that run on flash?

--
*Rhonda*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines