Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Says I do not have a current Adobe Flash Player installed or enabled

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently working through chrome and trying to use Sapling Learning. I have used this site in the past about 9 months ago, but it is suddenly telling me that I need Adobe Flash Player and that it is not currently installed or enabled. I have installed Adobe Flash Player, and see the moving clouds on the test site through Google Chrome. The flash player has been working for all sites except for Sapling. I have ensured that it is enabled and working, but have yet to be able to use Sapling. Is there anything I can do for this?

Thank you!

Megan

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Please see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for assistance.

Have you tried adding the Sapling Learning domain to the list of exceptions?

• Launch Chrome navigate to the page that is not displaying Flash
  • Then go to chrome://settings/content/flash
  • Add the domain (e.g. helpx.adobe.com) to the list of allowed sites
    • Note that sub-domains within a main domain need to be added.  For example www.adobe.com and helpx.adobe.com would need to be added separately.
  • reload Chrome
  • Flash con

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for assistance.

Have you tried adding the Sapling Learning domain to the list of exceptions?

• Launch Chrome navigate to the page that is not displaying Flash
  • Then go to chrome://settings/content/flash
  • Add the domain (e.g. helpx.adobe.com) to the list of allowed sites
    • Note that sub-domains within a main domain need to be added.  For example www.adobe.com and helpx.adobe.com would need to be added separately.
  • reload Chrome
  • Flash content should display

Alternatively add https://* and http://* to the list of allowed sites - this should whitelist every single site:

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 7.54.19 PM.jpg

If none of the suggestions in Google's help document, nor whitelisting all sites work I recommend contacting Sapling Learning for assistance.  All major browsers are constantly changing how they handle/load Flash and it's possible the issue is on their end with their Flash detection code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now working, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines