• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

School Issued Devices

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a student who was given a chromebook from my school district with flash installed on it and I was wondering if flash ending support for most devices would effect me? Most things I read only talk about windows devices which I do not own so if someone could clear this up for me I would appreciate it, thank you.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Adobe don't supply Flash Player for ChromeBook, it is (or was) built in by Google. So, Flash Player is going away on ChromeBook if Google decide so. I believe it will go away as scheduled, but you'd have to ask Google. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't supply Flash Player for ChromeBook, it is (or was) built in by Google. So, Flash Player is going away on ChromeBook if Google decide so. I believe it will go away as scheduled, but you'd have to ask Google. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about viewing Flash content on websites through a browser like Chrome (does not matter what device), you should expect not to be able to view it from next year. Browsers will not support Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question.

flash will work on a version of chrome that does not update.
For example, I have the 83 not upgradeable.
Could this work?

Thanks,

Damiano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe are concerned with getting it shut down. There will be some cases where Flash Player slips the net and keep running, but they won't help you find them, or tell you what will and won't stop. Just expect it to stop, end of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines