• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCREWED!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an app on my Win 7 machine called PoserPro 2014. It is a 3D manipulation and rendering application. It uses "libraries" of 3D items such as human figures, props, materials and so on. It uses Flash to access these libraries. Today, I opened Poser, and got a big "F" in my library panel. Most appropriate, because now I am truly "F-ed!" I have a graphic novel I have been working on for over 10 years, and the 'libraries' I mentioned contain thousands f dollars worth of content I cannot now use. Thank you SO much, Adobe! I have been a loyal customer and Photoshop user for well over 10 years. For my loyalty, and the money I have spent with my CC plan, I am now totally SCREWED because Adobe seems to have the ability to do what the F ever they want without giving a damn about how it affects people like me.

I tried the "chat" feature to see what could be done so I can once again use my software (that I PAID for), and the thousands of dollars' worth of content (that I PAID for) so I could continue my work. Of course, I was connected with some total idiot that couldn't even seem to understand English. I had to explain to him MULTIPLE TIMES, I just wanted to be able to do my work. He was just a total jerk.

I know Adobe has been chattering for months about Flash no longer being supported, ostensibly because of security concerns. That's fine. But I should be able to determine wheter an app is active on MY computer. Let me repeat: MY COMPUTER! Now, I'm just screwed and Adobe couldn't give a damn.

If Photoshop wasn't such an essential part of my workflow, I would seriously consider canceling my CC subscription. As it is, I am completely discouraged and depressed (as if this week hasn't been discouraging enough), now that Adobe has made it impossible for me to continue what I love doing. Thank you soooooo much, Adobe. I hope you are happy. I'm sure not..

TOPICS
End of life , Error , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Adobe doesn't offer free support for the products that it gives away for free (Flash Player, Reader, etc).  They do provide these user-to-user support forums as a courtesy, and folks from the Flash team respond on a voluntary basis. 

The bottom line here is that we announced back in 2017 that Flash Player was going away.  Application developers have had since 2017 to update their content to remove dependencies on Flash.  In all likelihood, a current version of Poser would address this. 

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that there is a Poser Pro 11.2, even with a 21-day free trial. You probably need the up-to-date version of your software.

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/432/exploring-poser-pro-112-the-21-day-free-trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me when I launched Poser Pro 2014 this morning.  However, I found a workaround for this.  The library won't look exactly the same, but the functionality is all there.

Exit Poser if it's running.

Find your poser.ini - the path may differ for you - mine is in

c:/Users/<YourUserNameHere>/AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/10

In your poser.ini look for

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0

and change the 0 to a 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe doesn't offer free support for the products that it gives away for free (Flash Player, Reader, etc).  They do provide these user-to-user support forums as a courtesy, and folks from the Flash team respond on a voluntary basis. 

The bottom line here is that we announced back in 2017 that Flash Player was going away.  Application developers have had since 2017 to update their content to remove dependencies on Flash.  In all likelihood, a current version of Poser would address this. 

Theoretically, you could probably use the Enterprise Enablement feature (see the admin guide below) to configure Flash Player to continue to load in the context of Poser; however, that means continuing to have a copy of Flash Player on your machine that will never again get a bugfix or security change. 

As software that's tasked with processing fundamentally untrusted content, up until this point, we've been continually making improvements to stay ahead of the latest security research and intelligence on what attackers are doing in the field.  That's no longer happening.  Leaving Flash Player installed is a bad idea for you, and when viewed in consideration of the billions of machines that have it installed, for the health of the Internet at large.

Here's the original announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Here's the admin guide: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines