• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave always crashes on the news sites I look at, so I deleted it. Then, I did an upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade corrupted some files, a Microsoft tech guru took control of my computer to fix the problem, and Shockwave somehow reappeared. The cras

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave always crashes on the news sites I look at, so I deleted it. Then, I did an upgrade to Windows 10, the upgrade corrupted some files, a Microsoft tech guru took control of my computer to fix the problem, and Shockwave somehow reappeared. The crashing problem reappeared, too, so I deleted the program. My program list no longer shows Shockwave -- but it must still be there because it keeps crashing and, thus, freezing my news websites until I click the "stop running" button. What can I do to get this terrible program completely out of my computer and my life?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a sample URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are two screen shots. The first depicts one of many news site URLs where I have the problem. The second depicts a list of programs that no longer includes Shock Wave, since I "uninstalled it." To anticipate a question, I restarted my computer several times after uninstalling the program but before taking these screen shots. Also: The problem does not appear constantly. At the beginning of the day, I do not seem to have the problem. Then, later in the day, something seems to trigger Shockwave, and it begins to "crash" and freeze up nearly every web site I look at.

screen shots of Shockwave problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is so tiny that I cannot make out anything for sure.  Does that 1st screen say "Shockwave Flash"?  If so, that is Flash Player, not Shockwave Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "A plugin (Shockwave Flash) isn't responding."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2015 Aug 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you give me a link, so that I can follow possible further comments on the "Flash Player" forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link didn't change: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1935378

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually forgot to move the thread...

Moved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very confusing: I did move the thread, but for some reason it still shows up in the Shockwave Player forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines