Shockwave download for Mac

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install shockwave player for my Mac that is running on masOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6.

I need to open many files with the extension swf so I can study for a class and shockwave seems to be able to open this extension. I complete all the steps of installing/downloading but something is wrong because after this shockwave isn't listed as a program and I still cannot open the files. I contacted  Apple and they helped with the installation but stated that this is an adobe question.

Any help would be appreciated!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Flash to Shockwave... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018
Sorry, I meant to include that in my reply.  You'll want to download the Flash Player Projector for Mac.Download the Flash Player projectorDon't select the content debugger one.  This is for developers and will display a bunch of alerts.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Moved from Adobe Shockwave Player  to Using Flash Player )

Shockwave Player doesn't play SWF files.  Flash Player plays SWF files.

Are you attempting to view raw SWF files?  If so, you'll need to Flash Player projector, available for download at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads .  If the SWF file you are attempting to view is stored locally on your system, you'll need to configure Flash to open the local file.  See the 'Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default' section in the Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23

If you're attempting to view SWF files wrapped in HTML (e.g. a website that contains Flash content), you'll need the Flash Player NPAPI plugin for the browser you are using.  In this case, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download and install Flash Player plugin for the browser.  Note that most browser vendors block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it.  See https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for links to enable Flash in the various supported browsers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are files directly on my computer that my professor sent to us. It is an animation to study anatomy. when I go to dowload the Flash Player-Debug it gives me these options for macintosh:

Which one to i choose to complete your first option?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant to include that in my reply.  You'll want to download the Flash Player Projector for Mac.

Don't select the content debugger one.  This is for developers and will display a bunch of alerts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I was able to open the files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines