• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shockwave flash blocked and crashes in new Chrome browser 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering a crash today (10/13/17) in the google chrome browser apparently on the heels of the latest update ( 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)).  I hit a URL that uses the plug-in, which is allowed to run flash (not specifically shockwave flash) for the specific URL, and i can see that the browser blocks the plug-in.  Any attempt to progress further in the site results in a crash of shockwave flash.  Anybody else encountering this and have any troubleshooting tips beyond the google chrome "enable plug in/allow for specific URL" stuff?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post moved  from Adobe Shockwave player to using flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the following thread for background: Shockwave Flash has crashed - 27.0.0.170

The URL that demonstrates the crash (if it's not your VMWare vSphere dashboard, which we're already well aware of) would be useful for vetting our candidate fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the URL is an internal private cloud environment, running VMware's vCloud Director 5.5.  I'd be willing to test any fix internally if that's helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta build (27.0.0.180) has been posted at the https://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just heard from one of our developers that the .180 beta resolves the login issue for vCloud Director.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  We're well aware of it.  We're shooting to get a beta build posted tomorrow with the fix.  I'm guessing it should be up sometime tomorrow morning, barring any last minute complications.  Beta builds are posted here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think using 64 bit of chrome will give you a better performance except your system is not a 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

27.0.0.183 fixes the crash and is now available.

Please go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the latest version.

We can't speak as to when Google (Chrome) or Microsoft (Win 8.x/10 for Edge/IE) would release the update.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this update - so as you point out, browsers that bundle flash have their own timeline with regard to including updates, although it appears that I picked up .183 in my /appdata/local/google/chrome/uerdata/pepperflash subdirectory on 10/23.  For MSIE, is there any recommended workaround in the interim?  what state is your system in with regard to flash if you run the adobe flash uninstall, then download this 183 version?  I'm assuming the bundled versions are not targeted by your uninstall program, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google released 27.0.0.183 when we released it, which is why you're seeing 183 in the Google appdata location.

Since Microsoft bundles Flash Player in IE/Edge, Flash Player uninstaller won't uninstall the bundled Flash Player.

The MSIE workaround is to use a different browser until Microsoft releases the update, or uninstall the Windows Update that updated Flash Player.  This may not be recommended if the update installed other Windows Security fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines