• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash player download

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Win XP (32-bit) on Lenovo PC using Firefox version 52.3.0(32-bit) Firefox ESR

I am trying to download the latest Adobe Shockwave flash Player I am running WinXP on Lenovo.with SP3..Unfortunately when i go to the download page> Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

i get the standard Adobe download where you have to press download.But instead of doewnloading i am redirected to some Adobe Creative Cloud or web page that has nothing to do with the download. So what's going on?? I'm sure i am not alone in this.

i have according to Firefox ADDON's, "Shockwave Flash 27.0.0.130 version is that the latest then?" But i continue to get plug-in container.exe error messages where everything freezes up etc.I'm also getting this error message  >>>>>>>>>

" undefined
Info: This browser does not allow you to watch this video. Try to update your browser or use a different browser"<<<<<<

Yet when you check in my Mozilla Firefox Addons' it clearly shows Shockwave Flash version 27.0.0130

So i am confused and bewildered as to why i continue to have these issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Ok thx for your help,it's pretty clear that i need to upgrade to Win 10,but i need to dump this computer as good as it has been and served me over the years. Time to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you posted is for Shockwave Player, not Flash Player.  To download Flash Player go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO it is for Shockwave Flash Player(Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player) it clearly indciate that it is for Shockwave. ,i do not need for FlashPlayer ,i need for the Shockwave Player.

I am redirected to some Creative Adobe Page when i try to click on the Adobe Shockwave Player. it is a circular thing.

I don't know if you read my questions. That link i provided is clearly the one for Adobe Shockwave Player,not Adobe Flash.I DO NOT need Adobe flash,i need Adobe Shockwave Palyer.

My point is that when you do to the Shockwave download page and i click on that link,i am redirected to Adobe Creative Cloud page or something like that.It doesn't even download. That's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no product named 'Shockwave Flash Player'  It's either 'Adobe Shockwave Player' or 'Adobe Flash Player'.  Some browsers do refer to Flash Player as Shockwave Flash (hold-over from Flash Player's name many, many, many years ago) and often times folks who come to the forums looking for Flash Player refer to it as Shockwave Flash Player.

Based on the entire contents of your original post, you are looking for Adobe Flash Player, latest version 27.0.0.130, NOT Adobe Shockwave Player, which is in version 12.  Furthermore, Adobe Shockwave Player does NOT support Firefox.  Only Internet Explorer.  See Tech specs | Adobe Shockwave Player

Yet when you check in my Mozilla Firefox Addons' it clearly shows Shockwave Flash version 27.0.0130

This is Flash Player, not Shockwave Player.

" undefined
Info: This browser does not allow you to watch this video. Try to update your browser or use a different browser"

This would appear to be a content issue, not Flash Player issue. Please provide the exact link to the video in question, assuming it's a publicly available video (e.g. does not require a log in to access).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked your  Tech specs and it clearly says that Mozilla Firefox supports the Adobe Shockwave Player.I think though what you meanis that The Shockwave Player cannot be downloaded with Win XP users,if i understnd you corectly,is this right?

I've been calling it Adobe Shockwave "FlasH" Player,ok so it is just Adobe Shockwave,but my point still stands that when i try clicking on it>>https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ <<<

I get sent to your Creative Cloud section. The tech specs clearly show that Shockwave Palyer is supported by Firefox.I already have Adobe Flash.

The CNN site that gives me the" undefined
Info: This browser does not allow you to watch this video. Try to update your browser or use a different browser" is
  Congressman calls female colleagues 'eye candy' - CNN Video

Wow this is very confusing.I double-checked my ADD ON's in Firefox and it shows that i do in fact have Shockwave Playerinstalled.

But is it working properly?

As i said, i was looking for the Shockwave Player,the latest version,even though my Firefox Addon's show me to have Shockwave Player version 27.0.0130.So i do have it installed,but i do not know if it is working if i keep getting the plug-in container .exe error messages and freezing.Should i enable the Flash Player protected mode or not?

This is why i am confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked your  Tech specs and it clearly says that Mozilla Firefox supports the Adobe Shockwave Player.

I apologize, you are correct.  I didn't scroll down far enough, and it's Director that only supports IE.

CNN video isn't going to use Shockwave Player.  they use Flash Player.  From Features | Adobe Shockwave Player "Adobe® Director® 12.0 and Adobe Shockwave® Player software help you create and publish compelling interactive games, demos, prototypes, simulations, and eLearning courses for the web, iOS devices, Mac and Windows® desktops, DVDs, and CDs"

I realize it's confusing, but you're essentially looking for Flash Player, not Shockwave Player.

even though my Firefox Addon's show me to have Shockwave Player version 27.0.0130

Again, this is Flash Player, not Shockwave Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Firefox version 52.3.0(32-bit) is naming or calling it clearly Shockwave Flash v 27.0.0.130. i see it there,so we are quibbling over semantics. You haev not answered my question though. Your answer is very unclear and confusing. Let me put in simplierterms.

!) What do i need to do to watch CNN videos without getting that error message that tells me your browser doesn't support.....etc

Do i need to download something and what is it,please clearly provide link.

2) So you are saying that despite Firefox calling it Shockwave Flash,it is really just Adobe Flash then??  Whatever you call it i still cannot view that CNN video or any of their others.Again please be clear and tell me if i need to uninstall what exists in my Firefox Plugin page(ie: Shockwave Flash palyer 27.0.0130) and replace it with some other download or i just need to keep this because it is really named Adobe Flash? Right or wrong?

Thirdly 3)Should i check or unchecked the box to enable flash protection mode or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave FlashShockwave Flash 27.0 r0NPSWF32_27_0_0_130.dllapplication/x-shockwave-flash (Adobe Flash movie: swf),

application/futuresplash (FutureSplash movie: spl)

i copied and pasted direct from my Add on page what is shown,itt is titled Shockwave Flash 27.0.0130

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) What do i need to do to watch CNN videos without getting that error message that tells me your browser doesn't support.....etc

Do i need to download something and what is it,please clearly provide link.

This message is from the content, not Flash Player.  The message is clear - your browser isn't supported.  What browser is supported  You'll need to find out from cnn.com.  I tried searching their site.  Their 'FAQ' link didn't work.  Microsoft dropped support for XP over 2 years ago, and it's no longer supported by the major browser vendors, exception being Firefox ESR, and according to Important - Firefox is ending support for Windows XP and Vista | Firefox Help​, that most likely will end at the end of this month.

I tried several other CNN videos on the same OS and browser version - same message for all of them.

2) So you are saying that despite Firefox calling it Shockwave Flash,it is really just Adobe Flash then??

Yes.

3)Should i check or unchecked the box to enable flash protection mode or not?

Doubtful it's going to help when the error message essentially states the browser is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thx for your help,it's pretty clear that i need to upgrade to Win 10,but i need to dump this computer as good as it has been and served me over the years. Time to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines