• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Player Crashing

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am soooooo frustrated with the Shockwave Player constantly crashing. It will even make my screen go black because it crashes so many times within a short period of time. It will also freeze my computer so that a lot of the time I am having to reboot. It will crash while playing games or while streaming movies. I am running Windows 7 (64-Bit) and using Firefox. I have tried using Chrome but have too many issues with that Browser and still had no luck with the problem. I have also uninstalled all and then re-installed so many times. Is there another Player I can use or can someone please tell me how to fix this permanently or at least so that it does happen as frequently. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

The stability issues on Firefox are related to some underlying architecture issues specific to the NPAPI plug-in interface that Firefox uses (and which has gone largely unchanged since the '90s).  While you can take some steps to improve stability, they come at the expense of leaving you at significant risk for malware infection. 

We're in the early stages of a supporting Mozilla in an effort to build a modern plug-in sandbox (something all other browsers have finished doing over the last couple

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Shockwave Player or Flash Player ?

Can you post a sample link to where this happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2015 Mar 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Sorry I was away and was not on laptop for a few days.

When the unresponsive message comes up it say "Shockwave Flash" and after stopping plugin, it says "Adobe Flash" has crashed.

Sorry for the confusion.

I am unsure how to post a sample link to where it happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Flash Player version?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stability issues on Firefox are related to some underlying architecture issues specific to the NPAPI plug-in interface that Firefox uses (and which has gone largely unchanged since the '90s).  While you can take some steps to improve stability, they come at the expense of leaving you at significant risk for malware infection. 

We're in the early stages of a supporting Mozilla in an effort to build a modern plug-in sandbox (something all other browsers have finished doing over the last couple years), but those are non-trivial efforts and will probably be several months away at the earliest. 

In the meantime, your best bet for both a secure an stable experience is to use either Internet Explorer 11 or Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Have downloaded and installed Chrome...but still having the same issues. Oh well, will just have to grin and bear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is so un fair I am having the same problem I have google chrome version 26 I followed direction to enabled it does not work. my websites are .com not SWF. adobe should give some guidance on how to resolve this issue; instead of watching a 30-minute video of their help team; who really only speak for themselves and do not address the problem.

thanks for nothing adobe

Garry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines