• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Player is not giving a clear picture and I already enabled the program. What else do I do?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to conduct an online interview but when I attempt to connect to my webcam the screen is very fully (you can see large pixels).  I thought it was because I didn't have the correct program so I purchased a program, but I still have the same issue.  I have been on the Adobe website and tried all the troubleshooting options but neither is working.

This post moved from Adobe Shockwave Player to Using Flash Player by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player itself is not a video player, or web conferencing software.  It's a language runtime.  It processes code written by the content provider and does the low-level work of allocating memory and drawing pixels on the screen.  In short, it's not web conferencing software, but you could *build* web conferencing software on top of it.

How that software handles source webcam video resolution and scaling to fullscreen is entirely up to the conferencing application.  I'm guessing that whatever it is that you're using is really old, and probably expects old-school 320x240px webcam streams.  Scaling it up to a modern monitor would look terrible, in the way that you describe.  Flash Player can handle higher resolutions, but it would be up to the conferencing application to take advantage of the higher resolution video stream that's available.

It's also possible that they use some kind of adaptive bitrate technique to handle sub-optimal network conditions (i.e. if your connection isn't great, it will drop video quality to keep the stream working, rather than have it stop and start as it waits for sufficient data to traverse the network).  There's probably not much you can do about that from your end if that's the case, beyond maybe using a wired network connection instead of wireless.

There are also plenty of video conferencing options available that support high resolution cameras (many that don't use Flash).  If you're picking the conferencing application, you might want to test-drive some other services to see what gets you the best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines