• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave player suddenly started crashing Aw Snap!

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Macbook Pro. Suddenly, my ball is rolling with everything I type here or website I go to. Using Chrome browser - always worked fine - on FB games (Yes, Candy Crush) and now every single time I try to load the game, the Shockwave player crashes! I've searched many posts on many sites, have tried to tend to my content settings... nothing corrects this problem. Am I the only person who in June 2017 is experiencing this????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're referring to Flash Player and not Shockwave Player (2 different products).  Please provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible, steps to reproduce are always helpful
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

<edit: moved to Using Flash Player >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, a couple things:

1.) If you haven't turned the computer off and back on since this started happening, that's a great place to start.  Shut it down completely.  Let it sit for 30 seconds or so to allow all of the hardware to fully discharge, then power the machine on again.

2.) If the problem persists, please try disabling hardware acceleration.  You may have picked up a driver update that introduced a bug.

Instructions on disabling hardware acceleration can be found here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

3.) If that doesn't help, turn hardware acceleration back on.  We just wanted to rule it out.

4.) If you're still stuck, a crash log and all of the things Maria asked for above would be really useful.

Please see the following guide on how to report a crash or error:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/report-flash-player-crash.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines