• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am getting a shockwave window stating that my shockwave flash may be busy. That window will freeze my laptop until i hit continue. What is going on? I click on for adobe updates and it says downloaded but it keeks comming back.

ED

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you're using Firefox... I tried all of the advice from Mozilla & it did not work, but tried this & it did:

In Firefox, type about:config in the address bar & press Enter.

Type dom.max_script_run_time in the Search box.

Double-click the entry & change it to a higher number (it was set to 10 so I set it to 99999999 to stop Firefox annoying me every time I debug).

I expect it would popup after a long wait, but it allows more time. This will probably allow other scripting errors to continue, but using Tab Mix's Session Manager I can just end the process when necessary, restart Firefox and close the offending page before it loads.

Edit: I used a higher number for a while, but eventually started getting 'A script on this page may be busy' errors. You might need to lower the value if this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mr Oz. I've been searching for weeks for a solution to my problem - and obviously that of many others - shockwave freezes with both IE and Firefox and this is the first suggestion that has worked even though my problem isn't exactly the same as the leif1234. Fingers crossed that it doesn't come back. It won't have solved the problem in IE but I usually use Firefox anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped. I kept having other problems and in the end I had to use Internet Explorer for debugging Flash. If you are not debugging Flash you can set dom.max_script_run_time to a much lower number. Since I am not debugging with Firefox I now have it set to 20 and have only had the error message a couple of times. Using this setting should still let Firefox prevent other scripting problems.

If you are using the Flash Player debugger version, adding this line to mms.cfg or mm.cfg file should suppress other ActionScript error messages:

SuppressDebuggerExceptionDialogs=1

mms.cfg is a sytem-wide configuration file in Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and/or Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folders.

mm.cfg is a user-local configuration file file directly inside your user folder. You should have at least one of these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You response is greatly appreciated however I was unable to locate the file you mentioned (I have windows 7 64). A search for Macromedia or flash folders only results in a 2010

installation link.

Your original suggestion has certainly improved the situation although I do still receive a "loading script" error message on occasions but not nearly as often as previously.

I did download debugging for Adobe Flash from windows about a month ago but it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are not programming in ActionScript or Flex it is better to use the standard player. The debugger version can create more error messages. I don't think the standard player creates ActionScript error messages so it will not support the SuppressDebuggerExceptionDialogs option.

Either way, the system-wide configuration files would be C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash on Windows 64-bit  (C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg on Windows 32-bit). Editing this file would affect all users. The user-local configuration file would be C:\Users\>username<\mm.cfg on Windows 7 (C:\ Documents and Settings\ >username< \mm.cfg on XP). Note that one is called mms.cfg and the other is mm.cfg. It is a plain text file with one option per line so you could just create it if necessary. You can have one or both files, system-wide and/or user-local.

On a Mac, mms.cfg would be in:

/Library/Application Support/Macromedia

And Linux:

/etc/adobe/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines