• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silent install IE and Chrome

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically, I have two questions.  I will be putting Flash Player on an image that will eventually be going out to about 350 offsite locations that will need to use both Chrome and IE.  Will I need both the install_flash_player_27_active_x.exe and the install_flash_player_27_ppapi.exe files?

Secondly, I need to currently upgrade those offsite locations and my only means to do this is via a batch script.  Last time I had to do this, I used the -install switch for a silent install.  Is that switch still the same?  And will it work for both the IE and the Chrome install files?

Thank you.

PS - don't know if this makes a difference, but just in case, these are Windows 7 32 Bit PCs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you would need both the ActiveX and PPAPI installers, and -install is still the silent install switch for the EXE installers.

Note that want you're looking to do does require a distribution license, as you'll be distributing Flash Player within your organization, via the OS image.  If you don't already have a distribution license, you can apply for one at Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I'd already renewed my distribution license this morning and downloaded both installers.  Just needed to verify the rest! Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  The Flash Player Administrators Guide is a good resource for Admin's distributing Flash Player and also contains the silent switch information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

61 pages....... I don't need to read the bloomin source code I just want to deploy it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide more detailed information so that we may be able to assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines