• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Socket timeout while chat client is connecting

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of us upgraded to Version 29.0.0.113 when it was first released and this has caused problems for select people by throwing up socket errors/timeouts while the chat client is connecting. This is happening in all browsers.

I've been reading about previous socket problems but not for this version. Has anything changed which would cause this problem for just a handful of people rather than everyone? It's not just 1 or 2 users but 1000's.

I know several people have gone to the extreme of reinstalling Windows for the problem to be temp fixed, however, after a few minutes, the problem reoccurs for those.

I'm sorry but this is about all the information I have at present.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds pretty coincidental to me.

If the socket connection is timing out, its because the response coming back from the server is taking a long time.

If this is thousands of users on the same network (i.e. you're on a corporate LAN), then looking at your network management tools for bottlenecks between the client and host would be a good next step (as well as looking at load and network performance on the server itself).

If the issue is on the Internet over a WAN to a third-party service, then network performance along a route is going to be highly dependent on geography and network topology, and you're not going to have any insight into their server performance.  The content provider is best positioned to troubleshoot that issue.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything specifically aimed at socket communication that's shipped recently, and we definitely wouldn't have made a huge change to timeout thresholds for this specific reason.

My guess is that there are a handful of people that were skating by with network conditions that were marginal (sketchy/overutilized wifi links, poorly-peered ISPs, etc), and something has pushed them over the edge.  More than likely, that's a small performance cost related to a security mitigation, or a change to the host browser (both Flash Player and the browsers are constantly hardening against emerging threats).

The optimal solution isn't going to be to try and just nudge them back to the right side of that line, but to find and address the underlying latency such that their network performance is solid.

You're really going to have to look at the network performance (via Wireshark, etc) on an affected client to understand what's going on.  I think you'll probably see slow responses coming back from requests when you encounter the timeouts.  At that point, you can rule out Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines