spacebar not functioning

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is a MacBook Air. I have already installed the latest flash player for my MAC ,but when I play computer games that require flash player to operate, my spacebar is not functioning. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting. 

Here are my guesses, in the order I'd eliminate them in:

• Does your space bar work in other applications and/or in the browser?
    • I'm assuming you posted this with your browser, so I'm guessing yes, but it's worth asking.
  • Have you rebooted the computer since you started experiencing this problem?
    • Do an actual shut down, let it sit for a minute, and fire it back up.
    • This probably won't fix it, but it eliminates a lot of weird possibilities that might otherwise be in play.
  • Is this all Flash content, or just a specific website or game?
  • Are you using an IME or multiple keyboard layouts?
    • Depending on how the Flash content is written, they may be looking for a specific key code.  I'm not sure why the spacebar value would have changed, but it's possible.  It's not my area of expertise, but there are still a surprising amount of changes in the ecosystem around internationalized text.  I don't track it super closely, but it wouldn't surprise me if a browser rolled out a new feature that's correct, but breaks assumptions made in old Flash content.
    • In that instance, I'd be curious to know if switching to an en_US keyboard layout "fixes" it.  If so, that's what's going on.
    • If that's the case, you may also find that it happens in some browsers but not others.

If none of that helps, some details would be useful:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines