• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacebar not working in adobe for safari (Mac)

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a Mac book air (macOS Mojave version 10.14.3). I mainly use safari. I downloaded adobe flash player (NPAPI Plug-in version 32.0.0.156) a few months ago since I wanted to play some games that needed it. Although, I have realised that the spacebar does not work at all when I use adobe flash player in safari. All other functions seem to work well, it's just the spacebar. I tried switching the browser to chrome and see if it works there and yes it does, which is good. So the problem is with adobe flash player for safari. its not a very pressing concern for me since I have no problem with using chrome instead, but I mainly use safari for almost everything else and it's just a little inconvenient for me to keep opening up a different browser just for adobe flash player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few observations:

• We have an extensive test suite that we run with each release, and we proactively test with advanced copies of MacOS and Safari.  That test suite covers keyboard input in depth, and those tests are passing.
  • This is the same configuration that I'm currently using, and the space bar totally works for me in Safari.
  • This is the only complaint that I've ever heard about just the spacebar not working in Safari, ever.  If it was catastrophically broken, there would be a lot of traffic on it.  There are still a lot of Safari users using Flash.

So, I believe that you're seeing the symptoms that you describe, but the problem is probably very nuanced.  It may be specific to how these games are detecting keyboard input.  It's hard to say without actually attempting to reproduce it.  If I can see it on a machine with an identical configuration, I can debug it and figure out why the key event isn't getting fired.  If I can't reproduce it on an identical config, it points to something weird going on with your machine (plugins, weird language quirk, configurations?).

To that end, I really need links to the games that are affected and directions on how to reproduce the problem, if it's not super obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to look into my enquiry. I understand that this may be an odd case but I did find a thread where someone else was experiencing the same problem, although it wasn't well explained. If you want the link to that thread, it is spacebar not working on games . Also, as you requested, this is the link to the game that is affected by the problem https://cponline.pw/  . It's just this one game I play actually. Also, it is a login game, so you would have to create an account and play a certain game in it to test it. This is a game with a lot of mini games in it, its a bit complex to explain but there are quite a few games in it that require the use of the spacebar. If you are willing to test this, all you have to do is create an account, login, choose any server, then click on the map (lower left corner) and go to a place called 'The plaza' , then go to the pet shop, inside there's a game called 'Puffle launch' (this is just one of the few games that require the spacebar). You can test it with this game. Thank you for looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a fix to this problem?

I have the same issue.

It seems to be the new flash player. It worked fine on the old for this http://www.balingua.com

Thank you

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines