Standalone Flash Player Crashes after a few moments

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently performed an upgrade to my PC, replacing the Motherboard, CPU, and PSU with newer components.  I upgraded to an Asus X570 MoBo and a Ryzen 3600 CPU.  I reinstalled windows 10 fresh on a new SSD, as well.

Before the upgrade, I had no issue running flash games on my standalone player.  Now, the player crashes after a few moments without exception.  I've tried a bunch of games that only DAYS ago worked, and now crash after I did the upgrade.

I was thinking it could be drivers... but my display driver is the same, NVidia GTX 1080 (I did not change my GPU).  Can anyone think of what could be causeing this issue?  I have tried running the standalone player in all kinds of compatibility configurations, to no avail.  I whitelisted it in Windows Firewall.  I ran as administrator. 

I'm using the latest standalone player.  Please help!

Edit: to further complicate this issue, I booted with my previous hard drive that still has the windows install on it I was using a few days ago and it works fine.. so its definitely not the new hardware!  What could be wrong with my new windows install?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines