• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stopping Adobe Flash updates

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 2 identical MacBook Pros with IOS 10.14.6.  I get non-stop update Adobe Flash messages on both machines that I need to update Flash but each time I try on either machine the Flash Installer dies and I get a "Flash Install Manager not Responding" and I need to Force Quit.  I don't want to use Flash on either machine any longer and have tried to delete everything that is associated with Flash but still get these update messages.  I have removed Flash from System Preferences.  What am I doing wrong?  I do I stop this! HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably a browser message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please post a screenshot of the Flash Player update message you're getting?  I'd like to verify if it's the official Flash Player Update Notification window, or something else.

I have removed Flash from System Preferences.

Flash Player isn't saved in the System Preferences.  What is saved in the System Preferences is the Flash Player Settings Manager which, among other things, allows users to configure the update notifications, including to not notify that an update is available.  Since you've deleted this component of the Flash Player, you can't modify the Update option.

I would just uninstall Flash Player using the uninstaller posted at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html and then re-install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines