• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stopping flash player

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because you have decided to stop adobe flash player which all the games plus other programmes i use on my systems you say that it will end as of the 31st december 2020 of which all my systems will stop working am i too understand that if i want them to continue i have have to download the cloud systems and pay you £600 per year as it states for a personel account its £49.95 per month which is very very very expensive if this is the case i feel that you as adobe will fail massively as i can for see the general public will end up suing you for breach of conditions and forcing us to pay for a service that is extorsionatly too expensive i for one will not be able too afford it and will have no alternative but to close down all of the services it currently operates and i will look at finding the funds to sue you for malpractice 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

I'm going to lock this thread to limit future confusion. 

Flash Player is going away.  There's no option (for individuals) to license Flash Player moving forward. 

Adobe does sell other products and services, and our marketing team does use space on our website to promote those unrelated products and services that they feel might be relevant to you as a customer.  I believe that's at the heart of the confusion reflected in your original post. 

For completeness, here's the original EOL anno

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you must sue All major browsers (chrome,firefox,IE) to stop their plugins API which btw won't allow any kind of plugins to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is quite wrong. Flash Player will stop for everyone. You can pay Adobe £600 a year if you want, but it still won't make Flash Player work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be ridiculous!  You can't sue a software company for ending a product.  If you could, the courts would be tied up with frivolous lawsuits from now until eternity. 

Adobe is not the bad guy.  Flash Player is aged out.  It's been on life support for years. This is merely the final nail in the coffin.  Nobody should be surprised by this.  If you still have games and apps that rely on Flash Player, ask the manufacturers for non-flash replacements.  After Dec 31st, Flash Player will no longer work.  End of story.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i too understand that if i want them to continue i have have to download the cloud systems and pay you £600 per year as it states for a personel account its £49.95 per month"

Sounds like you're referring to Creative Cloud annual plan, which has absolutely nothing to do with Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is an advert for Creative Cloud at the end of the EOL page. This seems something of a mistake, as many people will not want to read all those words, just cut to the chase; so they go straight to the advert and assume that this is a demand for money. This does nothing for Adobe's reputation, in my opinion. Even worse, some people really will pay $50 per month to subscribe, and will be truly OUTRAGED when Flash Player still goes away on the promised date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm going to lock this thread to limit future confusion. 

Flash Player is going away.  There's no option (for individuals) to license Flash Player moving forward. 

Adobe does sell other products and services, and our marketing team does use space on our website to promote those unrelated products and services that they feel might be relevant to you as a customer.  I believe that's at the heart of the confusion reflected in your original post. 

For completeness, here's the original EOL announcement about Flash Player from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's an FAQ for other questions related to Flash EOL that you might have: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Good luck, and thanks for the feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines