• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange behavior - fear of malware

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was notified to upgrade the Flashplayer and downloaded flashplayer30au_ha_install.exe. This file dissapeared from the downloadfolder and when I tried to 'manually' get the update, the file to download had another name flashplayer30_xa_install.exe.

Am I being victim of a false Flashplayer and therefore accidantally have installed malware?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The installer you are downloading is the online installer, which is a web/shim installer that downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background.  It also manages optional third party offers.  It is designed to delete itself after execution.  Due to the various browsers, Flash Player plugin types (ActiveX, NPAPI, PPAPI) and offers, the file name differs.  The file names posted to appear to be legitimate file names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines