• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Studio 5000

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Logix Designer (Rockwell Studio 5000) When I try to navigate to "Start Page", "Learning Center" I get an error message telling me to"Install Adobe Active X Player" The web site test work fine. Its enabled in my browser.

Running Windows 10

Studio 5000 Logix Designer Mini Ver 28.02

Please Help

TOPICS
Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Sounds like an issue with the content you're attempting to view, in which case you'll need to contact Rockwell for assistance.

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE & Edge on Windows 10. All updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update and there is no separate Flash Player ActiveX Control installer for Windows 10.

IE and Edge both block Flash Player by default. The browser relies on the content's Flash detection scripts to detect the content content requires Flash in order to prompt the us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like an issue with the content you're attempting to view, in which case you'll need to contact Rockwell for assistance.

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE & Edge on Windows 10. All updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update and there is no separate Flash Player ActiveX Control installer for Windows 10.

IE and Edge both block Flash Player by default. The browser relies on the content's Flash detection scripts to detect the content content requires Flash in order to prompt the user to Allow Flash.  If you're being prompted to install Flash, instead of Allow Flash, the content's Flash detection scripts do not conform to the browser requirements and the browser can't prompt you to Allow Flash.  Nothing we can do in this case, as it's a content issue that Rockwell needs to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This.  The nuance here is that Rockwell embedded a webview instance that leverages the default system Flash Player in their desktop application, which we generally discourage, for reasons.  In this instace, my guess is that they wrote this for Win7 and below.  On Win8 and higher, Microsoft distributes that system-wide ActiveX version of Flash Player themselves (it's a built-in component of IE and Edge, and there's no way for Adobe to install or modify it directly), and it lives in a different location than it did on Win7 and below.  My bet is that Rockwell is looking in the old location (it's not there, so they prompt you to install, but you can't, for reasons above), but it doesn't work like that on Win10.  Either you have an old version and they've already patched this, or they're going to need to modify their stuff to work on Win8+.  Also, we'd encourage them to not do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines