Suppress auto update not working for Flash PPAPI version

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been having intermittent issues where Flash PPAPI is opening a update message screen even though we have Flash Autoupdate disabled.

This started happening around the Oct./Nov. timeframe. This does not seem to be happening on all our 3000+ workstations but it is happening on a percentage of them. All are set-up with the mms.cfg file with an entry of AutoUpdateDisable=1. We are currently on V28.0.0.126 and will be updating to V 28.0.0.137 in the next few days. We've experienced this issue through at least 3 versions of Flash. I've searched the Adobe sites an 3rd party sites and have not found any solution.

Are others experiencing this issue? Has anyone found a solution to this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not aware of anything off the top of my head, and that you're not finding much either makes me think that it's a local issue.

If the Flash Player auto-updater can't read the config file, then it's going to fall back to default behavior.  I can't think of a lot of other reasons for why you would get inconsistent application of a config file flag, and only on a subset of machines.  That stuff is on or off.  There's not a lot of mystery.

That makes me think about stuff like:

• Permissions/Ownership
  • Network store performance for redirected user profiles (if mms.cfg for the user lives on a NAS/SAN, etc.)
  • Wonky group policy that might restrict reading
  • The mms.cfg itself is in-tact and on a good filesystem (you might do a binary diff between a "clean" copy and a bad one, just to see if maybe it got mangled with weird character encoding or something? -- I'm totally reaching with this.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines