Exit

supressing privacy pop-up dialog with mms.cfg

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I have a situation similar to this post (May 2012): 

Re: Flash mms.cfg file doesn't want to apply.

highlighted a section of the response I had a question about:

AVHardwareDisable=1

AVHardwareEnabledDomain=domain.com

"Also one clarification. The privacy pop-up dialog will appear at least once for every site allowed."

I'm using IE11 to load a web cam capture module with a Flash fallback (Flash 32.0.0.156).  The webcam module is ran through a Citrix ICA connection catering to multiple users.  The module functions but would like to completely suppress the privacy pop-up dialog from ever appearing.  The post above seems to indicate the privacy popup must appear at least once?  Wanted to reconfirm this is still true for Flash 32.0.0.156.  If so, is there any new way either within the scope of the mms.cfg or IE11 that suppress the privacy pop-up from ever appearing? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe that we provide a mechanism for suppressing the allow dialog.

You can find a list of available configuration flags here:

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/pdf/f...

You're welcome to file a feature request over at https://tracker.adobe.com/

Given where we are in the lifecycle of Flash, I question the usefulness of using it as a fallback, particularly in the context of IE11 on Win10.

I'm unclear on whether the dialog you're talking about is ours or IE's (I think it's ours, but a screenshot would clarify), but personally, I'd probably come down against suppressing the camera/mic permission dialog in either event.  If it's in IE, there might be a registry key or something you could set, but you'd need to look at Microsoft's docs to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines