SWF conversion issues

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

I need to create either a moving gif or a video file that can be uploaded to social media. It's a flyer-type design with a video embedded. I'm unfortunately limited in what programs are at my disposal (my workplace only has Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Flash, all CS5), so the file was created in InDesign. Can't post an interactive PDF to Facebook, also can't post a SWF file. (I have one of each with backup copies, all working the way I want them to.) I've tried just about every file converter I could find (including a couple downloads), and the converted file either corrupts or ends up not-playable. If I try to convert to GIF, I just end up with an image instead of the animation I need. Most video converters seem to try to take the elements of the design and turn them into frames. For example, it'll come out as a couple seconds of the logo and a couple gradients flashing (in completely incorrect sizes). I also have not been able to get an HTML file to work. I've tried to work with this project in Flash, but sadly nothing there has worked either. I realize that interactive PDF and Flash are both dying out, but I'm trying to work with what I've got.

I hugely appreciate any advice that can be offered.
Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Error, SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Do NOT consider working with SWF. Flash Player is closing down at the end of this year, and nothing will work any more.

2. An interactive PDF is not a movie. These are used entirely differently. Interactive PDF still works but only in Reader, not on web sites, so forget that.  You either want a movie format or an animated GIF.

3. From the tools you name, for a simple silent animation, you would use Photoshop to make an animated GIF.

4. All animations and movies are based on frames. It's up to you to make sure the right things are in the right frames.

5. I am not sure why you are trying to "convert" anything. You need to actually make the frames of the movie as graphics.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines