• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swf local file cannot load xml file

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a swf file that loads a xml file. When running the swf file locally it is not loading the xml file. When running the swf file from my website, then xml file is loaded correctly. I read this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2217895 , did the addition of the swf file to the settings mentioned in the linked pdf file but didn't help. I also added the folder containing the swf and html file which call the swf file but nothing changed. I deal with this problem when using Chrome. Firefox is just showing blank page locally.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point, due to various browser restrictions (which, from the perspective of web security, are a good thing), running content in the browser locally that needs access to the local filesystem is a recipe for pain and frustration.

You're far better off just running a local webserver, especially if you're doing any kind of development.  It may also save you a bunch of pain when you move that content to the web and then realize that all of the cross-domain security restrictions are suddenly enforced, where they might not have been in the local context.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines