• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thank you for taking away 70% of the content for my classroom. Please bring back flash

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Approximately 60-70% of the Science simulations to run on Flash.  Simulations are more important than ever because I cannot be in front of a classroom to illustrate difficult concepts.

Taking away flash in the middle of a pandemic, where many teachers have to teach remote, was a horrible thing to do.. Could you have at least waited until the end of the pandemic?   I (and most science teachers) rely on the simulations as a tool to help my students learn.  Taking away a giant percentage of the resources for education is just mean.  I would gladly pay a fee if it is all about $.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

While it's unfortunate that your work is hindered by the absence of Flash, the end date of the Flash Player has already been announced back in 2017. Developers of Flash-based apps had enough time to migrate to viable alternatives.

I don't know what Science simulation software you use, but it may be worth contacting the developer of said software and ask them what their plans are.

You - or your school - may also want to get in touch with Adobe's official partner HARMAN:
» https://services.harman.com/partners/adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's unfortunate that your work is hindered by the absence of Flash, the end date of the Flash Player has already been announced back in 2017. Developers of Flash-based apps had enough time to migrate to viable alternatives.

I don't know what Science simulation software you use, but it may be worth contacting the developer of said software and ask them what their plans are.

You - or your school - may also want to get in touch with Adobe's official partner HARMAN:
» https://services.harman.com/partners/adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what OP said, browser vendors are deprecating Flash Player support.  For details specific to each vendor, please refer to:

For enterprises dependent on Flash Player, please refer to the Enterprise end-of-life FAQ: 

Technical details can be found in the Flash Player Admin Guide, including Enterprise Enablement support: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Honestly, there's also just a huge amount of high-quality STEM resources online at this point in 2021.  There's obviously work involved in seeking them out and adapting your lesson plans, but YouTube, Khan Academy and peer-to-peer educator resources would be great starting points. 

As others have pointed out, you (and the content providers you currently rely on) have had since 2017 to migrate to new resources or create alternative content.

Depending on your requirements and budget, there are Enterprise options available for licensing supported versions of Flash Player for an organization through our partner HARMAN, and they also have expertise in migrating Flash content to standalone desktop applications.  Those options are very much not free, but if your program is well-resourced, that may be an option (finding alternative content would very likely be much more cost-effective). 

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are able to download the simulations as swf files, it might be possible to use an standalone external player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines