The end of Flash!

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not technically compitent with all computer products.   I understand Flash does something with graphics (is that all?).   What happens if I am on a site that requires this - is there an alternative I should be using?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Browser, End of life, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020
No, there is no alternative. It's warning you that after the end of the year, any site which needs Flash Player will stop working completely. How can you tell? Well, every site that needs Flash Player now warns you and makes you turn it on. If you get no messages about Flash, you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no alternative. It's warning you that after the end of the year, any site which needs Flash Player will stop working completely. How can you tell? Well, every site that needs Flash Player now warns you and makes you turn it on. If you get no messages about Flash, you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Oh well, I just have to hope I don't use sites that require it!

Out of interest do you know why it is stopping?  Is it old-fashioned technology, or too expensive for Adobe to run?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines