• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The installer is a shame!

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I get popups from time to time telling me that Adobe Flash Player is out of date and that I should download and install the latest version.

It is always the same:

1. Click Download

2. Look at the opening website

3. Make sure McAffee is not checked

4. Download

5. Run the installer

6. Restart the browser

Are you guys serious?

Why the heck are you still trying to install McAffee? Don't you get enough money from the millions of subscriptions for your professional tools?

And why do I always have to follow so many steps? Is it really that hard to create an auto-updater?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

1. There is an auto updater. It is on by default.

2. If you have Edge, or Internet Explorer in Windows 10, or Chrome, do not try to download Flash, it includes it.

3. If you get a popup telling you to upgrade Flash when on a web site IT'S AN ATTACK. Not from Adobe because they don't do it. If you ever followed a link and installed, then I recommend you wipe your machine and start clean, who knows what malware you've collected...

4. Only official download https://get.adobe.com/flash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. There is an auto updater. It is on by default.

2. If you have Edge, or Internet Explorer in Windows 10, or Chrome, do not try to download Flash, it includes it.

3. If you get a popup telling you to upgrade Flash when on a web site IT'S AN ATTACK. Not from Adobe because they don't do it. If you ever followed a link and installed, then I recommend you wipe your machine and start clean, who knows what malware you've collected...

4. Only official download https://get.adobe.com/flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines