For years I get popups from time to time telling me that Adobe Flash Player is out of date and that I should download and install the latest version.
It is always the same:
1. Click Download
2. Look at the opening website
3. Make sure McAffee is not checked
5. Run the installer
6. Restart the browser
Are you guys serious?
Why the heck are you still trying to install McAffee? Don't you get enough money from the millions of subscriptions for your professional tools?
And why do I always have to follow so many steps? Is it really that hard to create an auto-updater?
1. There is an auto updater. It is on by default.
2. If you have Edge, or Internet Explorer in Windows 10, or Chrome, do not try to download Flash, it includes it.
3. If you get a popup telling you to upgrade Flash when on a web site IT'S AN ATTACK. Not from Adobe because they don't do it. If you ever followed a link and installed, then I recommend you wipe your machine and start clean, who knows what malware you've collected...
4. Only official download https://get.adobe.com/flash