• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

They took my money

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I downloaded the flash player application, but because of some problems it was not installed! I contacted the support service on the same day and he checked my computer and said what should I do. We did not identify the problem. but you charged $ 40 from the card. for what??? return me my funds !!!

TOPICS
Browser , Error , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, we don't offer phone support for Flash Player at all.  I'm fairly concerned that you got scammed by some fake support solicitation.  

I'd encourage you to do two things: 

• Reach out to our fraud team at fraud@adobe.com, and give them as much detail as possible about the number you called, how you found it, and who you talked to.  If this *is* an active scam targeting our customers, we'd like to investigate and intervene.

• Talk to your bank.  It sounds like you

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is free. Adobe have no support for Flash Player, and do not charge. I think you called a scammer, who pretended to be from Adobe. Can you say the number or web site you contacted.

PS If you get a private message asking you for details or giving you a contact - guess what, it will be another scammer! Adobe will not contact you that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, we don't offer phone support for Flash Player at all.  I'm fairly concerned that you got scammed by some fake support solicitation.  

I'd encourage you to do two things: 

• Reach out to our fraud team at fraud@adobe.com, and give them as much detail as possible about the number you called, how you found it, and who you talked to.  If this *is* an active scam targeting our customers, we'd like to investigate and intervene.

• Talk to your bank.  It sounds like you gave your card number to a bad guy.  You should probably cancel it ASAP (especially if you used a debit card), and the bank can probably reverse the charges.  The bank should also be able to confirm who actually charged the card.  I don't work in support (I'm on the engineering team), so something might have changed, but it seems extremely unlikely.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines