• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To make the flash player work in a client with out Internet Connection

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a client environment which does not have active internet connection. So I have installed the Flash Player exe and now I'm accessing my page which has some Flex code. But the page fails to load and fire bug is showing that it is referring to crossdomain.xml which is in fpdownload.adobe.com.

I'm using Firefox browser. The same should work for Chrome also in the same environment. One more observation is it works fine with one time internet connection.

Some where in the forum, I read that it will work with distributable  license. Tried installing the same but with that also I'm stuck with the same error.

Can any one guide me how can I make it work without a live internet connection? Or is Flash Player always assumes one time internet connectivity to do any checks or validation?

Looking for a quick response.

Thanks In Advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like your page attempts to pull the Flex framework down from fpdownload.macromedia.com.  Since the client can't connect to the Internet, it can't get the framework code, and therefore can't actually execute anything.

If you need to use Flex in an air-gapped environment, then you're going to have to self-host the dependencies, like the Flex framework binary.

You should be able to look at the full URLs of the failing requests, search your content for them, and then update those references to point to local copies (which you'll need to download and then host yourself).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines