Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To view this page Flash player 11.0 or higher is required

Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using my intranet website which uses flash player. I am opening it in ie 11, windows 10. It is giving error" To view this page flash player 10 or higher is required". I have installed Flash player 26 NPPAPI and PPAPI both. But issue is same.

I have disabled ActiveX filtering, add website to compatibility and trust zone. I have also followed this link Windows 10 - Flash content asking Internet Explorer to Install flash player but no luck.Moreover, I have delete files from system32 and syswow64.

This intranet URL is working fine in other windows 10 machines but in my machine.

Please suggest.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge (as of WIn10).  The ActiveX EXE or MSI installers DO NOT work on these operating systems.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player, all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Check to see you have the latest update installed.

The following 2 FAQs may be of assistance:

Also ensure you have the latest sound/video device drivers installed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already followed these urls. When i test flash it says either flash is not installed or is disabled. But when i test it in chrome it is successfully tested giving me the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The url given are not working. My url is intranet url which is working fine in other machines. It is not working only in my system. I have enabled flash in edge but when I test flash it shows same error as in url i.e. either flash is not installed or not enabled. I think edge takes IE settings because of which flash is also not working in edge. I think if flash works in IE then it will surely work in Edge. Shockwave and authorware add-ons are enabled in IE but I think they are not getting reflected.

It is working fine in Chrome and firefox but the website is IE compatible.

Give me some advanced steps to check corruption of flash and it's supporting files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your understanding of the relationship between IE and Edge settings is not accurate.  Furthermore, Flash Player is a built-in component of IE and Edge on Win8+.  It is installed and distributed by Microsoft, and we have no insight or control over the installation process.

In my experience, when a Win10 user that's a member of domain is unable to run Flash Player in IE and Edge, it's usually fallout from custom Group Security Policies applied by the Enterprises' domain administrator.  In that instance, your administrator would be the person who would know a.) what custom settings were applied, and b.) can experiment with adjusting controls to determine why Flash Player cannot be launched.

If you truly believe that the machine is corrupted, generally finding the last Windows Update for Internet Explorer and Flash Player, uninstalling them, and then running Windows Update again to retrieve and apply those updates will usually correct any issues; however, I believe it is far more likely that this is going to require intervention from your system administration staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already followed these urls. When i test flash it says either flash is not installed or is disabled. But when i test it in chrome it is successfully tested giving me the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines